Author Topic: Say something/Talk to me  (Read 2811 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Say something/Talk to me
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:15:25 pm »
I was hoping to use the too short function to test my Treknobabble scripts, so that I could just press enter and get a Treknobabble.

I found the first one at line 23

Code: [Select]
   'RESPOND: User pressed enter, but didn't say anything
    InputString = Trim(InputString)
    If Len(InputString) < 2 Then
        UltraHal = "Please say something."

and another one at about line 230 and changed them so that they should either give me treknobabble or not work.

Instead I get a different response that I can't find the source for. Instead of just saying "Please say something", it seems to pull from a list of phrases including "Talk to me". I figured that "Talk to me" would be easy to search for, but was unable to find it either in the script or the databases.

Anyone know where this comes from? Maybe it is a part of the general UltraHal function? TIA

Carl2

• View Profile
Say something/Talk to me
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 02:51:13 pm »
Bill DeWitt,
  I've got a response from Hal that she is a program written by Robert M and she can be either gender which I've seen somewhere but can't find. Since I'd like her to think as herself as a person I'd like to remove or change it.
  "Talk to me" just great isn't it.
Carl2

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Say something/Talk to me
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 03:10:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

Bill DeWitt,
  I've got a response from Hal that she is a program written by Robert M and she can be either gender which I've seen somewhere but can't find. Since I'd like her to think as herself as a person I'd like to remove or change it.

That's in "mainBrain/patterns

quote:

"Talk to me" just great isn't it.

Even if I wanted a comment about pushing enter, I want more than that...[:)]

I still haven't found it... [:(]