Author Topic: Adjust Volume  (Read 13648 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 05:29:20 pm »
OK, second proplem is that XP and Win98 use the C:\Windows\System32 directory for Volume Control. W2K uses \WINNT\

For now, anyone who wants to use this will have to re-edit it for the correct path. I will fix this after I get back from going out tonight.

PaleRider

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 05:51:01 pm »
Yes the plugin matches .

thats me XP

Ok bill I copy and pasted the other file you sent and that fixed line 3797.
Ran hal typed please turn up the volume and the master windows control volume panel came up closed that down
and got hal scrpit error line 3798 which is this: Do While WshShell.AppActivate("Volume Control")=0
Loop[:)] Then I have another little box come up saying scrpit to long would you like to end or continue with this reading.
[:)]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:20:51 pm by PaleRider »
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 09:39:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by PaleRider
Ran hal typed please turn up the volume and the master windows control volume panel came up
closed that down

Wait, did you close it down or did it close itself?
quote:

Then I have another little box come up saying scrpit to long would you like to end or continue with this reading.

Urg... that's the error I was hoping not to see, but if you closed down the Volume Control, try it again without closing that. It has to be open for Hal to change the volume.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 09:53:22 pm »
The original links should now hold a new version which can find the right files in both Win2000 and XP

PaleRider

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 10:03:52 pm »
I had to close it was only way I could get hal bodygirl under control the words please turn up the volume would not disappear and enter key did nothing. trying again before I post. Can't do it have to reboot system says hal is running but I shut down after the last test . That only happin's to me when using newer plugins, that's why I have a few plugins I can't use. So Bill I'am glad to be your tester today or what ever it takes to make it work .[:D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 10:22:16 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by PaleRider

I had to close it was only way I could get hal bodygirl under control the words please turn up the volume would not disappear and enter key did nothing.

Yeah, see, it's taking too long and so naturally you did something and once you do something (anything) it removes focus from the volume control and then Hal can't send keystrokes to the program. Probably if you just waited long enough it might work, but that's not the way I want this to function. I wanted it to turn down the volume directly, but this work around seems to be a poor solution.

I may have to abandon this one for now. Maybe I can find a more direct way of adjusting the volume, although I doubt it can be done in VBScript.

PaleRider

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »
I rebooted then started Hal bodygirl typed in please turn up volume  volume panel came up waited....went out back with dog had a smoke  10 minutes are so came back pointer still busy hal box came up 10 times nothing would close so I did a ctrl...alt....del job and ended hal. [:D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 11:01:44 pm »
Urg... that's no good....

Oh well, it was just an experiment anyway. Thanks for helping.

I'm sure there is a better way to do this but I can't think anymore.

I'll go back to working on the Shopping list instead... Bummer.[:(] I often want to turn down the volume when I'm not at the computer and it would be nice to just ask Hal to do it for me.

PaleRider

• View Profile
Adjust Volume
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 11:34:03 pm »
Yea Bill but you tried and that's what counts, Thanks for the testing job, I learned a lot today so your pride should be high
this newbie me just got a little less green. Thank you [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]