Author Topic: writing script into hal 6 brain  (Read 3652 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
writing script into hal 6 brain
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:04:32 am »
in simple terms how do i go into hals 6 brain and write in script , i see this hal brain has tables and a list of things of topics , but it is all blank lines , the ultra hal 5 had prewritten answers showing which i could delete what i din't want and add my own custom lines in a custom made brain . where and how can i get to the prewritten answers of the q & a section , etc. (from what i saw on the help section in hal 6 it still showed the old hal five version editing script picture , unless i was wrong but looked the same to me . ) thanks for any answers on this . as i need to get at it now and start learning all i can about editing , etc. in the new hal six !![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 10:15:20 am »
sorry , already got it figured out , thanks anyway . still need to know how to transfer my custom jolene brain from ultra hal 5 into hal 6 though. she must live on . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:17:31 am »
sorry , already got it figured out , thanks anyway . still need to know how to transfer my custom jolene brain from ultra hal 5 into hal 6 though. she must live on . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:06 am »
Lightspeed
If you uninstall Hal 6 completely and then reinstall it in the same place as Hal 5 it will import all your Hal 5 information including you jonene.
Bill819

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 08:56:57 pm »
But then you'll only have three more installs left!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 10:16:06 am »
hello Bill819 and others who replied , i am surprised that in  the new hal 6 you couldn't just take the backed up custom made brain file (in my case :angela joelin ) and the same uhp file and place them in the hal 6 and it would work . this won't work doing this ?? if it won't it would be nice if hal 6 or next gen could be made to accept the files this way . as i would hate to start over from scratch unles i have to do as art said uninstall and reinstall .

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:31 am »
As long as you don't change the extension, ie. ".ulp" and only rename the front end, ie. "Jbrain" or what ever name you choose Hal will incorporate them into the new Hal 6.
I had three brain files that I created with Hal 5 and now all three work in Hal 6.
Bill

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 10:50:49 am »

In the Ultra Hal6 Brain Editor, select your table where you want file, then go under "Table" at top of screen and click "Import BRN data file".

You can also make your own BRN files for import.