dupa

Author Topic: deleting a brain  (Read 4683 times)

alg97dds

• View Profile
deleting a brain
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:40:45 pm »
Does anyone know a quick way to delete one brain? I have a corrupt one which i would like to get rid of. Also, i found a site that has other figures for ultra hal. Does anyone have any information on other avatars that will work? i cannot find the site again.   Allan

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: deleting a brain
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 08:40:01 am »
Allan,

Find that file with the .db extension that you want to delete.

Make sure it is the one you want to delete (usually based on the name).

Instead of Deleting it:
It might be better to move it (Copy / Paste) to a temporary "Brain Files" folder or somewhere you could retrieve it in case you accidentally got rid of the wrong file.

By "Figures" do you mean characters or jpg's of clothing? They are different.

There are Head only, Torso and Full Body avatars or characters that can work with Hal.

The head characters are easily made by an older program called People Putty. It only works well on XP machines and I don't think you can get it from Haptek any more. If you want a variety of characters / heads, etc. you can certainly get and use them with Hal.

There are some to be found at the Virtual Humans Forum and at the AI Dreams Forum, as well as here within this site!
Search for Skins or Characters, etc.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LikeBrainyJava

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:18 am »
Allan,

Find that file with the .db extension that you want to delete.

Make sure it is the one you want to delete (usually based on the name).

Instead of Deleting it:
It might be better to move it (Copy / Paste) to a temporary "Brain Files" folder or somewhere you could retrieve it in case you accidentally got rid of the wrong file.

By "Figures" do you mean characters or jpg's of clothing? They are different.

There are Head only, Torso and Full Body avatars or characters that can work with Hal.

The head characters are easily made by an older program called People Putty. It only works well on XP machines and I don't think you can get it from Haptek any more. If you want a variety of characters / heads, etc. you can certainly get and use them with Hal.

There are some to be found at the Virtual Humans Forum and at the AI Dreams Forum, as well as here within this site!
Search for Skins or Characters, etc.

thank you for the idea that it is much better to copy and paste it rather than deleting it. what i am doing before is deleting it. because i find copy and paste a redundant thing. but you are right, i might delete the wrong one and if this happens, a problematic situation will occur. thanks again. very wise!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:33:19 pm »
Thank you. I have also saved my Zabaware / UltraHal files to a Flash drive or Thumb drive for safe keeping but an external hard drive works nicely too.

- Art -

lomhow1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 01:43:11 pm »
Isn't deleting an AI's brain considered killing them?
I mean if the data is corrupted, then sure. But... you know...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 07:01:49 am »
Well if you had 3 to 6 brains and one went bad, getting rid of it wouldn't really matter. It would also only matter if the bot was sentient which we both know isn't going to happen any time soon, not even on West World!

So if you want to kill them brains, then go ahead partner...nobody cares! ;D

- Art -