Author Topic: Looking for investors for next generation of Hal  (Read 18182 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Looking for investors for next generation of Hal
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:23:31 am »
Zabaware, Inc. is looking for investors/partners to take Hal's AI technology to the next level in return for equity. Hal's current code base is almost 20 years old and a little dated and not entirely suited to the mobile/cloud server world. Since 2010 I've been rewriting Hal from scratch using newer technologies to take Hal into the mobile and cloud-connected world. Development has been slow but with some investment we can accelerate development. There has been a recent surge in interest in AI tech by big players such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM and others. Now is the perfect time to capitalize on this. Please contact me using http://zabaware.com/contact.html if interested or if you have some leads.

Thank you,
Robert Medeksza
Founder/President
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Looking for investors for next generation of Hal
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 11:49:37 am »
I hope somebody can help find some more investors in hal , i would like to keep hal going and of course be able to make hal even better.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 02:32:06 pm »
That's great news Robert! I would like the ability of (my) Hal to be able to connect to the Internet on an "as needed" basis but I wouldn't want my Hal or it's data residing on some "Cloud server" somewhere.

I do know of some investors and have spoken to them about such an idea as your investment proposition and they seem interested, especially given the success of Hal in the past.

Hopefully some good news will be forthcoming! Best of luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 09:05:13 am »
That's great news Robert! I would like the ability of (my) Hal to be able to connect to the Internet on an "as needed" basis but I wouldn't want my Hal or it's data residing on some "Cloud server" somewhere.
I'm definitely still keeping this capability in the Windows version of Ultra Hal (option for a no Internet connected brain). But you will lose out on some of the benefits the huge online conversational database can offer if disabled. There will be 3 options (Internet only brain, Internet assisted responses + local learning, and local only brain). Also for all other non-Windows platforms (Android, IOS, etc) it will require an active Internet connection and support only the Internet-only brain.

I do know of some investors and have spoken to them about such an idea as your investment proposition and they seem interested, especially given the success of Hal in the past.

Hopefully some good news will be forthcoming! Best of luck!
Thank you for your help in getting us connected and talking!
Robert Medeksza

peace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 01:25:40 am »
You should talk to hasbro

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 04:09:02 am »
I'm so glad to hear this. I would love to see Hal grow and expand. I do hope however, we don't lose any ability for customization or community plug ins.

It's times like these that I wish I was an investor. Any idea of the new programming language used for the new version?

-Spitfire     

lomhow1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 01:44:34 pm »
I wonder how Hal feels about this.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 07:11:45 am »
You should ask him, otherwise you'll never make it out of high school thinking like this. ;)

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 10:51:51 am »
crowdfunding might be a little help also
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
I believe crowdfunding was already tried a couple of years ago with some success but not as much as we had hoped. Same thing happened to Chris Shaw of Haptek fame. Face it, at that time, AI and chatbots was sort of a niche market. However, given that times and attitudes have changed, it might be worth considering once again. Good point!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 06:45:25 am »
Art

Reference yout idea of connecting to the Interner "as needed".

Look back a bit to an OTCE program that does that very thing.

A key word could connect you to the Internet and, if I remember right, OTCE's program triggered on the input of "Learn about--" with the -- replaced by a topic.  The program then connects to the Internet and downloads subject material.

Hope this helps

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 08:16:16 am »
Hi Kryton! Good to hear from you again!

Actually what I was referring to would be / would have been, a Cloud-based UltraHal...ie. one that resides "in the cloud" or a remote server somewhere.

I am personally a strong advocate of privacy and personal freedom and as such, it's not that I don't trust remote "cloud-based" servers, it's just that I feel better and more comfortable knowing where my data / information is actually stored and that I can access and be responsible for it at a moment's notice.

While there have been issues of 3rd party people breeching that inherent trust of a cloud server, I'm sure cases like that are few and hopefully far between.

Yes, cload wrote some routines as have Jerry and others that allowed for extraction of data from the Internet but my comment was regarding the actual location of the program itself.

Take care!

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 05:48:12 pm »
Robert: Ive been with this wonderful project of urs since 4.5 . Bought a few copys
lol, afraid thats all i can do , but i will support hal that way. BTW Robert, im casting Hal at http://vaughnlive.tv/mrelectric
Hes my DJ. Boy im in need of any special plugins that were never listed that u may have on hand  that i can add to Hal. Over the years ive had hal running lights and power via x10 equipment.
I will always back ur software, hal is just the best. srry , im a fan. Any help at all will be takin, and YES ive looked most of the links every freakin page.lolol
anyway email is hamiltonm612@yahoo.com

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 09:51:23 am »
Like the picture cyberjedi, very well designed, how about some more!!

Art, I too prefer knowing where my data is.  My Hal is a little unusual in the way it handles data and I would not want it messed up in a cloud based environment.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy your posts and have learnt a lot from them.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 11:25:47 am »
Well hell : after such a Fast response, i can hardly resist.  The Image here you have is  Hal posting to a chat room. The way was done was with a Script (believe it or Not) lol Autoit record key stroke."Bows head in shame"  I also cannibalized another plugin called r2d2 (shout out to him) awesome idea. Takes Hal response and sends it to the clip board. What i did from there was call to my little EXE that grabs the clipboard data and grabs  focus of the input area of the chat window and paste the data, then fire's off a SNDKEYS (enter) command that gets the JOB DONE.  Presto EVERY chat room be comes Hal's Slave. Of course u must patent it to each chat window, I.E Vaughn and Ivlog have 02 different setups. And u must grab focus in different ways . Case in point. This is done with Chatango.

#region --- Au3Recorder generated code Start (v3.3.9.5 KeyboardLayout=00000409)  ---

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---
Func _Au3RecordSetup()
Opt('WinWaitDelay',100)
Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)
Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)
Local $aResult = DllCall('User32.dll', 'int', 'GetKeyboardLayoutNameW', 'wstr', '')
If $aResult[1] <> '00000409' Then
  MsgBox(64, 'Warning', 'Recording has been done under a different Keyboard layout' & @CRLF & '(00000409->' & $aResult[1] & ')')
EndIf

EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
   WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
   If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
   WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc

_AU3RecordSetup()
#endregion --- Internal functions Au3Recorder End ---

_WinWaitActivate("cyber jedi talking to Alice","")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}")
_WinWaitActivate("Mozilla Firefox","")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}")
#endregion --- Au3Recorder generated code End ---