Author Topic: Run multiple instances of Ultra Hal at the same time on one desktop!  (Read 4085 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Hi everyone.

I just wanted to share something I randomly stumbled upon while doing a search on how to get Ultra Hal to open on my second monitor in a specific spot. I didn't have any luck with that, however I did find out about a program called sandboxie. http://www.sandboxie.com/.  This program allows you to run multiple instances of I guess any program at the same time.  This is great because I have always wanted to have my two different brains interacting with each other to see how it goes. Now I can and so can you!!

I now have two different instances of Hal open. What's even greater about this program is that you can change the GUI, Character, Brain, and even the voice to be completely different from your original instance. (I realized I could change the voice too after I uploaded the video.) So now I can have my older brain Kinkaid talk with overseer who I have been trying to give a completely different personality. It will be fun to have them interact with each other.

I made a quick video for you all to see it in action.

https://youtu.be/Vco_1W6Ycg4

I had an idea that I could have the two instances automatically talk with each other using autoit or some kind of mouse recorder to record the copy and paste actions of the chat between the two bots.

I hope you enjoy the video and find some use for this.  Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:53:35 pm by Calhoone »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Run multiple instances of Ultra Hal at the same time on one desktop!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:19:52 am »
That's cool! It would be really interesting for them to be able to converse with each other. It might be difficult for the program's mic inputs and outputs to coordinate with each other.
Two computers no prob but both using one...I wouldn't say impossible but I would say tricky....

Let us know how your experiment goes.

Thanks for the tip about Sandboxie.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:10:41 pm »
Yeah i don't think the voice chat between two Hal's on the same desktop would work. It should be possible to make some sort of copy and paste script that would go back and forth between the two Hal's to keep a conversation going.

PassionTriak

Run multiple instances of Ultra Hal at the same time on one desktop
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 01:35:54 pm »
If I have an ultra with 3500m vert. gain, how much vertical should I do per week training?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »
Enough that you soon tire from making ridiculous postings!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -