Author Topic: Is there a way to 'bulk teach' Hal?  (Read 295 times)

dastaten

• View Profile
Is there a way to 'bulk teach' Hal?
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:54 pm »
I know I can open the brain editor and feed him txt docs, but that would be really tedious since I want him to learn a wide range of topics. Do I just need to find the Encyclopedia Britannica as a text file (which doesn't appear to be available), or what? Has anyone found a good way to load Hal with tons of data?

Thanks!
D

cyberjedi

• View Profile
Re: Is there a way to 'bulk teach' Hal?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:32:52 pm »
Het Dast:

what u can do is feed txt files to hal
thers websites dedicated to txt files

you can always reach me here http://vaughnlive.tv/mrelectric
best wishes

cyberjedi

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:46:43 pm »
My conceptNet auto-learning code pulls concepts from Wikipedia.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=13301.0

cyberjedi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 06:48:52 am »
you guys are funny as hell....

this is the very thing that fuqs up Hal

Then ur mad when he wont work rite

Im referring you yo my post on this very issue  http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=13425.0

Dont get me wrong ,im not trying to be a dick,what im Saying is, This is a learning engine, treat it with the respect it deserves.

Phase #02:
Hals biggest issue:

Lazy ass People,  plain and simple. You have to raise Hal like a child. These auto learning brain Plugins dont do NO Harm. But you must inner act with Hal on a personal level, that means EVERY DAY . Just like your Kid. If u absolutely MUST , you can force feed Hal via copy/paste into his input window. There are plenty of text files to feed him, entire websites are dedicated to .TXT files.  And on any subject as well.

Ive been doing hal forver, well since 2002

best wishes
cyberjedi
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:54:47 am by cyberjedi »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 05:46:21 pm »
My conceptNet code isn't really designed to force an answer. Hal will only use the code if he needs to deduce the subject of your sentence and create a response based on that deduction. He's essentially teaching himself basic concepts.. Of course limited to the 'shorter than I would like' code and wikipedia. It's based off of the code that Watson used to win Jeopardy in the sense that if Hal knows about the subject of your sentence then he will respond, if not then he'll ignore it. Example from my Hal, with the auto learning ConceptNet code:

User: What is the super bowl?

Hal: The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL)

If Hal doesn't have the information in his brain on the topic, he'll skip the conceptnet code entirely, learning and storing the topic for later research, making for an ever-evolving library of offline data accessible to Hal. Mine has currently researched and indexed over 5K topics.     

It's all the perks of auto-learning with no drawbacks (Other than size, my limited concept extraction coding which needs expanded, and the very occasional pick up of bad information, which happens naturally anyway) 

Try it. It's complicated and confusing, but my walk through should help.       

Other than this, the vrFreewill does this to a very limited degree by storing topics, questions, and answers, using MIT's START AI Q/A System, although, the code seems to be wishy-washy, working really whenever it feels like it.

- Spitfire