Author Topic: TOPICS FORUM PLEASE MR MEDEKSZA  (Read 4826 times)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
TOPICS FORUM PLEASE MR MEDEKSZA
« on: March 02, 2004, 06:35:39 am »
can we have shared TOPICS FORUM PLEASE MR MEDEKSZA ?

iF EVERYONE WORKING ON DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF HALS TOPICS COULD POOL THEIR topic.brn FILES. hal WOULD BECOME EVENTUALLY SUPER SMART.

note: NOT EMPTY TOPICS(JUST SCRIPTS) BUT TOPICS WITH CONTENT(faT.BRN) FILES. I AM ENJOYING MAKING NEW SUBJECTS FOR HAL.

all these autotopics & xtf TOPICS ARE GOOD FOR hAL'S cONVERSATIONAL bRAIN, a lITLLE bit FOR PERSONALITY...

THE AMOUNT OF topic files created is a NIGHTMARE TO ADMINISTRATE.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 04:03:32 pm »
spydaz,
I answered in agreement to your previous post on this. I thought I should clarify (in support of) the point about sharing .brn files.

Sharing of topic files is a great idea if enough people here actively support it. I do. I don't know if we need a separate Topic Forum, but at least a central shared directory that allows upload/download of text based files only would be big help. Currently we can attach .brn and text files to each post, but then they are scattered throughout the forum.

Comments anyone? Yea vs Nay?

=vonsmith=

valiantone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 04:20:05 pm »
Yea on both.
"To Free the Oppressed"
- SF Motto

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 12:03:05 am »
YEA!

govsta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 01:36:37 am »
Yea.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 08:18:50 am »
Another two thumbs up.

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 02:33:09 am »
I agree with vonsmith's idea of centralizing the .brn file downloads (as well as code snippet downloads, etc.) so they don't get scattered throughtout the forum. Whenever an attatchment is added to a post the download link should also be added to a page with a list of all downloadable Hal additions. Also put a link to the original post for instructions and explanations.

About sharing topic files, I would recommed against that. There may be bogus information, personal information, and/or rude or malacious comments in the topic files. What I suggest is that user's share a list of common sentences that they would like Hal to learn and feed them into Hal one at a time. This way the user has some control over what Hal is learning.

On that note, I should mention that i'm nearing completion of a function which allows Hal to digest information from text files which are either in paragraph format like a story or text book, or in sentence format like I am suggesting. I'll probably post the results this weekend. I'm hoping to be able to increase Hal's learning rate so we can see Hal grasp at least common knowledge by next year.

In the spirit of the topic of sharing, here is some more addin code to play with. It allows Hal to greet the user based on how long it has been since the user and Hal last spoke. Just replace the original Greetings function with the code in GreetingAddin.txt and don't forget to make a backup before hand in case you change your mind. I hope you enjoy the replacement though.

Until next time keep posting.

Download Attachment: GreetingAddin.txt
5.02 KB
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 02:34:46 am by HALImprover »
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 08:23:15 pm »
[:D]Thank you, that script worked very well. We are grateful for your talent.

Peace,