dupa

Author Topic: message for VONSMITH re XTFBRAIN  (Read 3005 times)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
message for VONSMITH re XTFBRAIN
« on: April 12, 2004, 05:44:38 am »
:::::::: COULD YOU POSSIBLY POST A COPY OF THE xtf_topic focus funtion: SEPERATE FROM THE FULL BRAIN SCRIPT :
AS I AM TRYING TO CREATE A BRAIN of my own FROM SCRATCH... but cannot forget YOUR MAJOR KEY brain  FUNCTION ::::: I HAVE TRIED TO SNIP IT OUT OF THE BRAIN BUT IT DOSENT SEEM TO FUNCTION MAYBE IM MISSING CRITICAL BITS NOT CONTAINED IN THE MAIN FUNCTION:::

I seem to also get an error 67 too many files in the STRAIGHT 1.2XTF brain ?

Also a problem with 'RESPOND: PATTERN DATABASE

'------------------------------------------------------
   'RESPOND: PATTERN DATABASE
   'The SearchPattern function used in the above deductive reasoning and dictionary look up routine
   'is a powerful function that checks to see if a sentence matches a certain pattern and is able to
   'extract parts of the sentence. A PatternDB function also exists that can go through a large list
   'of patterns in a database file and come up with responses.
'------------------------------------------------------
'   PatternResponse = HalBrain.PatternDB(UserSentence, WorkingDir & "patterns.brn")
'   If PatternResponse <> "" Then
'      GetResponse = GetResponse & PatternResponse & VbCrLf
'      DebugInfo = DebugInfo & "Hal has responded using a Pattern Database search."
'   End If
' ****************************************        BAD ROUTINE       *****************************************   

what is this function for IS IT CRITICAL or BIN IT???

vonsmith

• View Profile
message for VONSMITH re XTFBRAIN
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:17:10 pm »
spydaz,
See my other post in reply to your question about the XTF function being used as a stand alone. I don't think it is practical. You could use the XTF Brain as a foundation and start from there.

I don't know why you would be getting "error 67 too many files" with the XTF Brain. I am not aware of any issues currently with the v1.2 Brain in regards to this error. If you post specific information about the sentences or conversation that invokes this error I will try to help you solve it.

The "RESPOND: PATTERN DATABASE" function is part of Don Ferguson's Auto Topic Focus Brain and isn't used in the XTF Brain. That function isn't included in the XTF Brain v1.2. I can't comment on its use. Don could certainly answer though.

=vonsmith=