dupa

Author Topic: x10 in the car  (Read 7779 times)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
x10 in the car
« on: July 02, 2005, 11:13:21 am »
I was watching PIMP MY RIDE

I got a lot of good IDEAS.

I PUT A FEW INTO Practice

I got the X10 in the JEEP (VITARA)

I can control (Television) (CD) (MUSIC) Talk to HAL

X10 in the car SWEET.........

Is there a voice activated NAV SYSTEM??? TOM TOM// MEDIAN // ??

A ROBOTIC HAL COULD EVEN DRIVE THE CAR BY VOICE...

spydaz

• View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:51:37 am »
With bluetooth All is possible

the new median navigator is voice actvated via bluetooth

Ishmal any luck with knight rider.....

It is more simple that you guys have been making it.

the only thing about a computer driving a car is the distance that it should keep between each other, trafic lights can be mastered via traficmaster

HEE heee hee.....

With the laptop in the jeep , the full X10 harmony program can run the ca\r,
after installing the 240volts car adapter the cm10 interface just plugs sraignth in to the car power system....

Any thing vcontrolled by te x10 is controlled by HAL.

Now im looking at ways in which to control the system from the palmPC

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 02:22:57 pm »
opening door to lot of possibilities.
interesting, interesting.... .  .  .  .

Carl2

• View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 09:49:00 am »
Spydatz,
  Working on emotions for Hal and came across some work done by you, I'm trying to tie all the emotions in the XTF brain together. I'm in your Spydatz emotion script enviorment, there is the detecthappy brn and the statementhappy brn in my defaultBrain folder. In detect happy I have "happy", "True" ; "glad"."True" ect. There is nothing in the statementhappy brn. Do you just put in an appropiate response?
Any help would be appreciated.
  Just read about some visual reconition software and thought you might be interested in it, hope you can incoperate it in Hal.
Carl2

bitblaster

• View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 11:13:34 am »
I am interested in the x10 controller being controled by HAL. Please explain how you did that..

My parents would probably not agree to having a robot stripper control their house, but it would seem very interesting just to try it out in the future... or when I get my own apartment.

Did you need additional software, or is HAL able to control things like that out of the box?

If Zabaware puts in built in x10 combatability, I am sure that might draw more users to buy UltraHal for its ability to control the house or car.

spydaz

• View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 06:35:11 am »
the *.Brn file have been left empty for you to put your own HAPPY / GLAD  statements in, or to capture statements from the user, the detectors dictate the type of phrases to be captured.

This make hal respond with Learned emotions.

As i like for my AI's to develope on their own conversations, rather than me programming a rehersed conversation. I find that conversation, I like / you like helps..
 POST HYPNOTIC SUGGESTIONS, I SAY then YOU SAY, etc

FuzzieDice

x10 in the car
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 09:39:36 pm »
I'm on Ishmeal's Yahoo list and haven't seen much activity on the robot car front, unfortunatley.

This is an area I'm thinking of going in for my own car as well. It can be a task, esp. getting things like object recognition, video, sifting out road noise to recognize things like sirens, driver or passengers speaking, people talking around the car, etc.

Technology is there... but for me, the money isn't. (sigh)

bitblaster

• View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 01:40:42 pm »
Yeah but how do you do that? What do you do to the brain to get it to do those things?

FuzzieDice

x10 in the car
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 09:54:37 pm »
If I researched it more, I think I might be able to find out how. I've heard that there's been discussions here in this forum of people who have successfully or at least tried to incorporate HAL into the ER-1 Robot, and I've read where one actually got X10 or something to work with HAL and do things like turn on the TV, etc. Thus, it must be possible to access outside systems and subsystems, which would be basically how I'd structure HAL's brain for a car. Just accessing outside subsystems, etc. Instead of turning on the TV, he'd open a window or lock a door, etc.

Carl2

• View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 04:29:18 pm »
Spydatz,
  Thanks for the reply, makes it much easier. I just finished doing some research on Haptek (there seems to be endless possibilties for these characters). It would be nice to get responses dependent on Hals mood. She gets sad if a mistake is mentioned and goes back to normal when I tell her to just relax and not worry, I hope I'll get a sympathic response if I tell her the car broke down.
Carl2

spydaz

• View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 10:32:30 am »
I have not figured out how to make hal open the windows yet...

The house Runs on AC the car runs on DC..

If there was a way to have the same x10 control inside a DC circuit.

Hmm.... Still searching for other NON mecanical ways

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
x10 in the car
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 07:10:49 pm »
Leroy,

Try using an inverter. It converts 12 VDC into 110 VAC.
I have one with two receptacles in my truck and use it all the time.
They have come down in price from the past several years and even have cooling fans inside. All sizes and configurations are available, as well as prices!

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -