dupa

Author Topic: Question : Cross Refferenceing  (Read 7758 times)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Question : Cross Refferenceing
« on: October 30, 2006, 03:43:12 am »
Hi...

I meditating on cross refferencing now. has anybody done any work with cross refferencing TABLE together.

Many databases have indexes and are linked to other tables, this shows a link between TOPICS...

The type of database hal6 uses is a straight 2 feild db. but is it possible to link two different tables together one table leads me to the other...

we in our minds file data in many ways. Summer >>>> Leads to FUN leads to > Sunshine > HAPPY etc..

i have many SUBJECTS & PREDICATES

ie: a Animal has Type >> CAT >>  has member > Paws >>> has definition feet of a cat > >> Predicate: cats have nine lives they always land on their paws.

Still thinking...

Q:

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:34:00 am »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz
The type of database hal6 uses is a straight 2 feild db. but is it possible to link two different tables together one table leads me to the other...
3d data referencing is a large part of my definition of intelligence. If I tell Hal that Cats hunt Chipmunks and that chipminks are small mammals that store food for winter, Hal should be able to guess that Cats also hunt Squirrels.

Really smart intelligence would have Hal deduce that "more than one way to skin a cat" and "petting a cat the wrong way" both have some relation to the sharp claws and teeth of a hunter and the soft skin of a human.

Processing time becomes enormous, I suspect.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 08:22:47 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:
Originally posted by spydaz
3d data referencing is a large part of my definition of intelligence. If I tell Hal that Cats hunt Chipmunks and that chipminks are small mammals that store food for winter, Hal should be able to guess that Cats also hunt Squirrels.

Really smart intelligence would have Hal deduce that "more than one way to skin a cat" and "petting a cat the wrong way" both have some relation to the sharp claws and teeth of a hunter and the soft skin of a human.

Processing time becomes enormous, I suspect.

Hi Bill.

Here is a decent article about the preformance of the Human Brain.

http://www.ualberta.ca/~chrisw/howfast.html

The Human Brain for 'Now' is quite remarkable.
Jerry[8D]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 04:06:32 pm »
Bill,

I think your example would only hold true if Hal also knew that a squirrel was a mammal.

Cats hate small mammals.
A squirrel is a small mammal.
Therefore: Cats hate squirrel

Hal can make logical inferences but only with data that is supplied.
It can't reach conclusions unless perhaps it knew all the animals that fit into the category of small mammals.

Interesting thouught....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 09:00:25 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ArtHal can make logical inferences but only with data that is supplied.
Well, as I understand it, Hal cannot make new logical inferences. Even with the Logic plugin, he can only strictly apply the inferences you supply him with. It would take that extra dimension of connections to ever make his own inferences.

Hal can do Mammals are food, Squirrels are mammals, Squirrels are food. Straight line reasoning, but only after you tell him the steps to take.

Real intelligence would be to take those steps and apply them to another layer of information. I saw some things in the ALF brain that might prove me wrong, but I can't test it out since my Hal stopped.... snif...[:(]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 10:06:54 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:
Originally posted by ArtHal can make logical inferences but only with data that is supplied.
Well, as I understand it, Hal cannot make new logical inferences. Even with the Logic plugin, he can only strictly apply the inferences you supply him with. It would take that extra dimension of connections to ever make his own inferences.

Hal can do Mammals are food, Squirrels are mammals, Squirrels are food. Straight line reasoning, but only after you tell him the steps to take.

Real intelligence would be to take those steps and apply them to another layer of information. I saw some things in the ALF brain that might prove me wrong, but I can't test it out since my Hal stopped.... snif...[:(]

Hi Bill.

Chained thoughts are what's needed, Parallel thinking.
In A.L.F there's some code called word link, which by standards looks up
a definition 'but does not give the definition' but instead looks for clues in the definition to see if it can come up with an assumption to a yes or no question.

Word link actually allows for simple chained thought in delivering an answer qued by clues.

However, The WordNet Dictionary lacks the information that a Human actually understands, Like: Is Fire hot? Well, Since there are no direct clues in WordNet that State the Fire is Hot, so we had to add a second chain of thought, There was the word extracted from definition of fire 'heat' the Dictionary did have the definition of Hot from looking up Heat, so our third chained look up contained what ALF needed to know, Fire is Hot.

It could be taken much further with a better dictionary so I added the ability of ALF to look up definitions via websites but this was very time consuming having Websites loading and extracting information so I stuck with WordNet for now, Maybe the upgraded WordNet might have more details in the definitions to things, We'll see. I think I would need a T2 connection so that looking up definitions and such wouldn't be annoying to me on my Computer.

So far Word Link only has three chains of thought for looking up clues but it could be developed much further.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 10:17:07 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 11:35:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005
Word link actually allows for simple chained thought in delivering an answer qued by clues.

However, The WordNet Dictionary lacks the information that a Human actually understands, Like: Is Fire hot? Well, Since there are no direct clues in WordNet that State the Fire is Hot, so we had to add a second chain of thought, There was the word extracted from definition of fire 'heat' the Dictionary did have the definition of Hot from looking up Heat, so our third chained look up contained what ALF needed to know, Fire is Hot.

That's pretty darn close then isn't it? To me (again, guessing, because I can't test it), it gives me a visual image of little pointy funnels of intelligence popping out of the vast plane of data hashing. Little questing vortexes of curosity, worming out and gathering up a morsel here and a tidbit there.

Not quite the 4D matrix that some mammal brains attain, but breaking into the 3D quality of most animals.

I can't wait to try it. Unfortunately, my main computer died in the wind storm we got over the weekend. Lights flicker, then..."No boot device"... There goes my hobby money for the next month or so...

Life is hard when you're me...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 03:12:37 pm »
Bill,

You might be able to insert your XP CD (if your computer came with one) and boot up. Tell it to do a repair or reinstall. All your data should still remain intact.

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 03:48:22 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art
You might be able to insert your XP CD (if your computer came with one) and boot up. Tell it to do a repair or reinstall. All your data should still remain intact.
No, unfortunately, there appears to be no electrical response in the HD at all. I have several tools to check and they all agree that I am helixed. I know it's probably that first diode inside the power path, but I no longer have the eyes or hands to fix it...

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 06:48:19 pm »
Quite sometime ago I'd found an update to Wordnet, I think it was ver 2, I downloaded it and tried to change it with the one in Hal ver 5. Anyways it didn't work so I put the old one back in. Not sure how much better it is.  
  I can see some of Hal's deductions," business owners would be interested in economics "  This must be why Hal says she owns a business.
  Sorry to hear about the hard drive problem Bill.
Carl2

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 07:36:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Bill,

Well, although I use Win2000pro, I used a XP disk from another computer and it found my HD and seems to have fixed it! Although I cannot use the XP installation, the old W2K installation is now back on line, I am amazed!

Thanks Art, although I almost didn't take your suggestion. If I had not just happen to be standing there when the XP disk became available, I would still be looking for a cheap HD.

Now if I can only find a way to get the XP installation off my computer... so I don't have to select an OS every time the power flickers.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 03:49:07 am »
Bill,

Boot up in Win2000

If you want to try removing XP from a dual boot system, go to My Computer and locate your hard drives. You should see C, D, etc.

Since you mentioned that you did install XP on your W2000 system, it should reside in the D drive.

If C is where your initial copy of W2000 is and this is the one you wish to keep then you should be able to get rid of the XP (second) installation by formatting the D part of your hard drive.

Right click on D and select Format. This should delete the XP OS.

While I believe this to be correct, I will not be held responsible for any glitches, or screw ups....

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 08:51:41 am »
you could edit the BOOT.INI file

[boot loader]
timeout=30  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<REMOVE TIMEOUT FOR QUICKER BOOTING

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS  <<<<<<<<<< must be pointing to the windows 2k patrition ? multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)WINNT

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Windows XP Media Center Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)WINNT="Windows 2K Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

just remove the

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Windows XP Media Center Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

and leave the windows 2000 version of the  line in place

Edit the DEFAULT to point to your 2k installation

delete TIMEOUT once its working and then the boot menu wont stay on screen

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 09:07:41 am »
i believe that the links are actually in the wordnet. as once when i was deconstructing the wordnet. i found various VerB.SNT verb sentences... the cross refeerencing i was unable to work out, because i dont know which database program to edit the wordnet with.

the wordnet was/is a good refference tool but not updatable. i extracted All the definitions and mero / hypo / verb list etc out into text files and recreated my own mini wordnet... but even the wordnet has major gaps PLURALS & ADVERBS.

but when accessing the new tables in the db now to teach hal something i say
"a <CAT> <IS A> <animal>."
Detects IS_A
knws that i am telling a definition<Right> about
CAT. <Left>
it can then get list of meronyms, sisters and save as types of & parts of.

Then if i say
"What are the <PARTS OF A> <Cat (or cat sister)>"
then hal detects that you asking for an answer about parts of CAT. and responds with CAT definition & meronyms List.... & Hypernyms and meronyms routine (funny play on words) or Learned hyponym/meronyms statment

he defined his own sisters and meronyms.... and made a homemade joke about it......

he can also capture basic statments from the user (learned hypomym/and meronyms) by using the meronyms & sisters list as KEYWORDS.

if no quest for knowledge is requested and a Defined SISTER or Defined Meronym is detected then hal just gives a learned or & hyponym / meronym statement..

this would give hal a Bigger Dynamic response and constantly expanding brain....

table required would be NOUNS / DEFINITIONS  - NOUN / SISTERS - NOUN / Meronyms

tables autocreated

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:14:15 pm by spydaz »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 09:12:04 am »
Bill DeWitt
It sounds to me like you need a spike arrestor. They used to be  very cheap and can be found all over the place. I think that Radio Shack still carries them. Any one who lives where they have electrical storms should be using one. They have save a great many PC's from shorting out like yours did.
Bill819