dupa

Author Topic: LIFE- Like it or LUMP IT!  (Read 4897 times)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
LIFE- Like it or LUMP IT!
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:43:26 pm »

Its good to see everybody creating website sharing Links, Knowledge bases, Graphical content etc....

Look A few of the forum members are R.I.P their stuff is widely used by all members of the forum!

It would seem as a lot of Ideas are being copied / stolen used etc....

Is this a bad thing?

Is this a forum to develop Ideas.

Everybody has their thing.... some have nothing, but others work trying to earn a buck even. Thats cool TOO!

Some are even giving it away free! I love that!

some people are Gunning down others for what they are doing....thats not right.

If you dont like it KEEP your fingers to yourself and Stop Chatting S-T.
If you dont like it what are you going to do about it. cry all kinds of BULL_T!

Like or lump it!

THAT LIFE!

the internet a free for all....

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:00:39 pm »
maybe i missed something on here that was said or something , but i agree . i have redone some others work but have always tried to give credit and let others know and yes have given free things ( i know you arent talking about me ) . anyway hope whatever has happened doesn't get out of hand . [:)]

echoman

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 06:13:11 pm »
Yes. I feel like I have missed somthing too?  Not sure I really understand your post Spydaz but it sounds serious. Like lightspeed I hope things don't get out of hand.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:12:08 am »
Maybe I can add something to this.

I went to Spydaz site and looked at his links page here :

http://spydaz.tech.officelive.com/AIContent.aspx

Nothing wrong with that, but then if you look at my links page here which has grown over the past four and a half years as I have made friends in the AI community you will see he ripped it from me :

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?page=8

Now I noticed this and thought I would write a friendly message, and yes it was friendly:

Hi Leroy,

I'm not being funny, but couldn't you have asked before copying ALL of the links page from Ai Dreams to use on your site ? I don't mind you using it, but it would have been nice...

Site is looking good though :)

Cheers,

Freddy.

I got two replies, the first one was :

"BOLLAX MY FRIEND.

LOL
"

And this is the second one :

"I previously had all these links on my web site and loads more, BUT!
On this online Website creator program its hard to transfere these other pages i have... i can only rebuild them!
so if i cut and paste!
Feel no way!
but i notice that you have been a really angry guy as of late!

and me I dont really care!
You should be boosting me up not trying to put a spanner in the works
I also notice that your english...... Never wanted to link up and do anything Really Profitable?
probably me as a black guy really FUKS it up for you!
"

So did my message seem mean to all of you ?

Firstly, why should I let people rip our site off ?  Secondly I don't care if Leroy is green with purple spots.  And the main thing was I said I DIDN'T MIND , but it would have been nice to ask... I did also say the site was looking good - isn't that supportive ?

Also, I don't know why I am supposed to be angry, I feel fine.

Sorry Leroy, you burnt this bridge good an proper, don't expect any support from me in future.

BTW, if you want to talk about community spirit, I have given away lots of character skins and skins for the Hal program, hap files, help, advice etc and I spent over a year working on my Hap Explorer program which I also gave away free - so don't talk to me about community spirit.

It's a shame Leroy, because until today I had always liked you and thought you were a cool and reasonable guy.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:29:27 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 09:02:36 am »
well at least the story is out their i will go on record to say this "if  " i ever take anything and use it and don't give credit or should have asked ( sometimes i actually don't think about it one way or the other even though guess i should )  "please "let me know and i will try to do so no matter who's work it is so that i can give credit where its due and this means to anyone .
 color matters not to me neither with anyone its the character of a person that is what matters and is important . [:)]

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:25:01 am »
Didnt even know you were black Leroy...but guess its a big issue to you eh?

Seems like your the one with the problem here, and if you feel you need to flame me, then go ahead, too many loser idiots here over the years to make me stay here, too many people like yourself with attitudes and ego's bigger than their skills and knowledge.

From what Freddy wrote, it was a perfectly reasonable message, again, you have the problem...and it was actually ME that created that links page and got most of the banners...and if you compare the two, it is a blatant rip off....but again, we do not mind, they are just links, but as Freddy pointed out, it would have been nice to say..."hey, you mind if I copy all your links for my site"....

Neither of us would have been bothered and we may even have helped you. Seems your showing your true colours here now Leroy, and as for Freddy being 'angry' I speak to him on a weekly basis either by email, pm or phone...when was the last time you spoke to him without asking/needing/wanting help or services?

Like Freddy, burned your bridges here mate, you want to act like a spoilt little princess then go ahead, no one cares really, and most of the people who know and converse with us both, I know who they will side with.

Take care, and hope you find what your looking for.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:36:41 am »
Thanks guys, and yes let me get it straight - it was actually Mav that built most of that page and I added to it.  Sorry, in my defensiveness I forgot to point that out.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 02:56:23 pm »
lol

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 04:16:10 pm »
for what its worth here i guess everyone knows where they stand on the issue , etc. its best if possible to just put it behind yourselves and go ahead with other things . (am not trying to be bossy or anything just trying to be a peace maker ). [:)]