dupa

Author Topic: rio lightspeed on predicta tv  (Read 4714 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
rio lightspeed on predicta tv
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:48 am »
Here is a picture of a new head i did called "rio lightspeed: she is on the new hal skin of a predicta tv that "DATOPIA" was nice enough to fix for me, he really did a good job on the tv !!
I actually made three versions of this head !

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:51:02 am »
Lightspeed, I noticed on your screenshot that the talking to text has gone off the end and you cant see who is talking, so ive made a fix that should just keep it in view.

Download it again and just replace the PredictaTV.uhp file with the new one.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:41:22 pm »
will do, Datopia , i wanted to ask you something ted told me he thought their was a place on the zabaware home forum? or something that had a link to a place that showed how to create skins the way you did , i tried a very crude copy of your uhp plug and took jpeg pictures of another table top predicta and the renamed the menu, etc. files all to match the new name , i placed the files into the right area's as i did your original and the skin shows in the list with the picture of the tv but when i open it , it shows a different skin with my character in it . ( i am guessing this is the base one you made it off of ? )
 any way it isn't working , so i was wondering if theirs a link to where i can see it and try to learn how to do it right. (if it's not over my head ![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:56:43 pm »
ok the new tv is working now, i got the new file from your site.
here is a pic of it showing the writing now !

I saw that some people didn't like this tv, lol that's ok everyone is different, this is more for an older generation , this was a 1957 model tv. which by it's standards back in those days of futuristic designs , the space age, etc. was quit modern ! and now would be by some to be considered a classic design . thanks again for working on this and doing such a great job !![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 01:32:36 pm »
I think i see now why that i couldn't do it the way i tried creating another skin , it needs a gui skin builder , as i said i am completly new to this , i am looking to see if theirs any free ones out their on the net. [:)]

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:16:35 am »
That new picture looks better Lightspeed, with the “talking to” bit now all showing.

Ive never used a skin builder; I didn’t know there was such a thing.

I open the .uhp in notepade and edit it by hand, if you look in an open uhp file you will see there is a description of what ever thing does in there.  

I make the images in photoshop and a program called fireworks.

You might also need the MakeTran.exe to make any clear or transparent parts, I believe that is found in the skins folder in Hal but im not sure about that, I made my first skin about 5 years ago and I can’t remember where I found the MakeTran.exe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 02:43:09 pm »
datopia can i send the files  i have to your link above and you can see what i did , made my pictures through a photoshop type thing to they are jepegs just like yours , i renamed them and matched up the names , used the same settings you had , maybe you can take a look and see if you see anything i did wrong (if you don't mind).

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:10:28 pm »
datopia here is a link i ran across one is freeware i don't think this is the same type of skins though!![:)]

FMF Skin Creator 1.0 free download

http://www.windows7download.com/win7-fmf-skin-creator/download-vkzgwoft.html

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:54 am »
Im pretty sure there is no GUI skin builder for Hal.

When I get the time Lightspeed I will have a look at what you have done so far if you like, you could up-load it to my site to the “Documents / Various” category, make sure to zip it up into one file. You would have to register to up-load.

But its probably something obvious that you haven’t spotted yet, there really isn’t much to making skins. I might be able to help if you say what is wrong with what you have made so far.