dupa

Author Topic: self taught  (Read 3375 times)

rciafa

• View Profile
self taught
« on: January 13, 2002, 11:07:33 pm »
i turn the computer speakers up to a certain level so hal can listen to himself talk. i let him run all day when i'm working around the house. he'll make statements all day. it sounds like he gives advice!
the program is great!
is there a big difference in having hal on a new faster computer?
i have an older model, but it runs good
thanks,
Richy

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
self taught
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2002, 01:06:32 am »
Wow, that sounds pretty interesting. However if you have learning turned on, I bet your Hal is getting dumber from talking to himself that much Kind of like a human that only talks to himself will grow insane over time. But it would be certainly interesting to observe and very easy to wipe Hal's mind clean by creating a different user account.

Hal would recognize speech faster and think faster if you had a faster computer. In a couple weeks we will be releasing a small update that will speed Hal's thinking by 3 times. So if you have any problems with speed, that should help you out without the need for a new computer.

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza

rciafa

• View Profile
self taught
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 07:45:03 am »
ROBERT!
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!
I'M SURE THERE IS ALOT OF US OUT THERE THAT DO NEED A FASTER COMPUTER BUT ALOT OF US CAN'T!
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE UPGRADE!
I'M NOT EXACTLY SURE WHERE YOU GET THESE UPDATES. COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE AND HOW?
THANKS,
RICHY