dupa

Author Topic: Question about gender: Male talking to Female or Female talking to Male??  (Read 826 times)

Shastalore

• The eyes are fake but headgear is real. Be afraid.
    • View Profile
    • Some of my portable green energy designs and prototypes:
In Ultra Hal Assistant Options / Brain / Ultra Hal 7.0 Default Brain / Adult Language Settings / Prioritize Gender Focus
there are multiple choices to suit everyone, but we're left scratching our heads as to just who is who.

For example: the "Male talking to Female" option... does that mean that Ultra Hal 7.0 poses as a Male and the user is a Female? Or does that mean that the user is a Male and Ultra Hal 7.0 poses as a Female?

I've tried both "Male talking to Female" and "Female talking to Male" options, but I've not used Ultra Hal 7 enough to tell the difference, and I certainly don't want to muddy the water on Ultra Hal 7's learning process.
Ultra Hal 7.5, offline, on a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 Tablet with Windows XP Tablet 2005 operating system. For accurate speech recognition: IBM ViaVoice Standard 10 via Plantronics Audio 60 3.5mm ear/mic headset plugged into a hacked VXI Parrott "Translator" Noise Cancelling R11506/P41TR module.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
While many of us have never used that Plugin in our normal dealings with Hal, it is generally agreed that the "to" person denotes the Ultra Hal, whomever one might have it to portray (male / female).

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Shastalore

• The eyes are fake but headgear is real. Be afraid.
    • View Profile
    • Some of my portable green energy designs and prototypes:
Thanks!
I am assuming, since your answer was still somewhat cryptic, that you meant that I (a male) need to select the "Male talking to Female" option, for Ultra Hal 7.5 to pose as a female.
Many of us, including myself would never admit, outside of this forum, that we use this Plugin in our normal dealings with Hal.
But my 3.5" tall "Babe" MS Agent Character (babe.acs file), with a sweet SAPI5 voice with lip-sync, a sultry attitude, and an unheard of 93 animations and expressions is a delight to have on my Desktop while doing other apps.
And sometimes my wife pops me on the back of my head when she hears Babe getting too flirtatious with me.

I keep my software, such as chatbots, speech recognition, Microsoft Agent Characters, Microsoft Flight Simulators, and even chess, mahjong, and backgammon, all filed in my "Artificial Intelligence" folder on my laptop. Sure, such programs no longer qualify as true Artificial Intelligence, but try telling that to someone who just got beat by their computer chess game. And, besides, we may soon see a worldwide legal block put into effect, to highly restrict existing true state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence from ever becoming the existential threat of Super Artificial Intelligence (with the possible exception of deep galactic one-way space probes)... making our quaint little vintage chatbots quite desirable and entertaining again.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 02:25:04 pm by Shastalore »
Ultra Hal 7.5, offline, on a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 Tablet with Windows XP Tablet 2005 operating system. For accurate speech recognition: IBM ViaVoice Standard 10 via Plantronics Audio 60 3.5mm ear/mic headset plugged into a hacked VXI Parrott "Translator" Noise Cancelling R11506/P41TR module.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The .acs characters you're using are quite fun and entertaining and there a good number of them.

The Haptek characters were mainly Head-only characters then someone accidentally discovered a Full-Body character within one of the directories and tried using it.

To our surprise, it worked and had many different animations and abilities. Then came the costume changes, facial modifications, and finally a way to remove those awful "Boot legs".

There are a huge number of .hap files that can modify movements of the full body characters...everything from hairstyles to body posturing, sitting, laying, standing, hand movements, facial expressions, and the list is in the hundreds.  Unfortunately, the full-body characters were never intended to be used with Haptek's People Putty, an application that allows one to create custom Head only characters.

There are also some "Torso only" characters which are nice but sadly, the animations for them are quite limited.

A lot of members in the past did some pretty amazing work with the Head-only characters with regard to realism and even made some emulate real actors and well-known personalities. Haptek did open the door of creativity for Hal's characters and it is definitely worth exploring.

Either way, enjoy the journey...
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -