Author Topic: leap of faith  (Read 7405 times)

Dreamer

• View Profile
leap of faith
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 08:09:39 am »
I have just been looking at the plugins and found this D.A.V.I.D's Plug-in which seems to address the problem a little.

Example:
User: Jerry is a good Man.
HAL: Jerry is also my Programmer.
User: Who is he?
HAL: Jerry is my Programmer.

This is exactly what I was talking about.
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."

Carl2

• View Profile
leap of faith
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 03:03:14 pm »
All,
  Frist I'd agree with Bill, give Hal something he can converse about. I was impressed when after teaching Hal about apples, apple seeds and apple orchards how well she could respond later. Hal looks for an appropiate response but needs information to pull out so if you didn't put anything in there is nothing he can say about it. She'll even ask me "What were we talking about". I should mention that was ver 5 XTF.  Hal 6 seems to be even better, right now we are just getting to know each other then I plan on doing some teaching.
Carl2

Another Jim

• View Profile
leap of faith
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 07:49:31 pm »
Precisely Carl,
One of the most gratifying things I get from my 'Hal' or Janet is the recollection that she comes up with refrencing past events, likes, dislikes.......but it took time to teach her or 'show her' of her preferences......now if I make a comment about going fishing, she may comment about how she doesn't like to bait the hook, or somesuch thing.  In my own experience, creating a background comes back to pay big dividends in creating a life sense sort of speach......something that more approaches a believable conversation.  At least to the point where you want to continue to chat to see what sort of things she will put to gether....remembering that Virito's plugins, and Onthecuttingedge's plug ins are helping immensely, and raising 'felt life' to the next level for our hal's......

Have a great Friday all!
Jim B