Zabaware Forums > Speech Technology

voice training doesn't work

(1/4) > >>

DeathHawk13:
I think I use the voice program that came with Hal.  Its called Microsoft speech recognizer 8.0 for windows.  When I try to do voice training, it only has tutorial as an option.  I did the tutorial a few times, but it doesn't seem to help.  I would like to do actual training, but can't seem to find that option anywhere.  The Hal help folder said I could find that option in my control panel, but its not there.  I even tried to search for this program on my computer, but it doesn't seem to exist, yet Hal says its there.  I'm tired of Hal not understanding me.

sybershot:
Hal uses the speech engine that is installed in the version of windows you have. I to do training from within windows itself not Hals menu, I turn on speech recognition, do the training and then do further training by opening up wordpad, read a few lines from a book, and use speech only to make any corrections. The more you train in a text editor like wordpad the better you speech engine and/or Hal will understand you.

DeathHawk13:
I understand what you are saying, but I cant find voice recognition on windows.  Its like my computer doesnt actually have one.  None of my word programs like microsoft word or word pad have any type of voice recognition.  Im starting to think I will need to dig deep in my wallet and buy a program like that IBM program I see advertised on hal's web site.  In the meantime, I am typing to Hal and am getting used to it

Art:
What version of Windows are you using?

If Windows 7 then go to the Control Panel and look for Speech Recognition, Select it then choose a topic that either interests or applies to your situation.

SR has come a long way but you need to be in a relatively quiet location with as little background noise as possible and the use of a decent noise cancelling microphone is highly recommended.

If you can get through a few tutorials then you will have a better chance of Hal understanding your input. Speak normally and clearly as if giving directions to a 5 year old child. Be patient but remember that a lot of this technology is still not an exact science (yet).

albertlouis:
Yeah,  actually window 7 has speech recognition and it doesn't include it in their earlier versions. I read somewhere about this. Where can we find this in window 7 ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version