Author Topic: yaw cam problems  (Read 17195 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
yaw cam problems
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:55:37 pm »
hey remember the motion detection yawcam , i tried to install it in my laptop and i keep getting an error saying java runtime 6 or later needs to be installed , i instALL it and it says didn't install correctly . i have tried also restrating the pc etc. 
remember we used it with hal for motion detection .
has anyone installed yawcam on their quad core pc ?
i even tried an updated version of yawcam no difference .

The reason i am trying to get this back working again is i want to use the motion detection with my hybred random talk program , that way with a very small motion detection window  , every once in a while my hal will pick up me movie and initiate random conversation .
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:51:17 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: yaw cam problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 10:49:24 am »
to go into more detail : when i try to install yawcam program on my laptop .

you need to install:java runtime environment(jre)6 (or later)to be able to run tawcam.
get it from :http//www.java.cpm
do you want to go their now ?

i have also checked and can find no java file folder in the programs or programx86 folder . in my google and firefox i checked and the java applet is enabled . but when i download the java from the link above and install it it does nothing. and if i try to install the yawcam again it says the same error message  . it also says you can install yawcam anyway without the java but it might not work , install yawcam anyway? even though the setup could not find the required software you can install yawcam anyway. yawcam might not work, but you can always install the requirements afterwards.
i have done that and when i try to open it it goes back to the same error message .

YAWCAM LAUNCH ERROR:
COULD NOT FIND JAVA ON THE SYSTEM. PLEASE REINSTALL JAVA.
ERROR CODE 9009

OK

funny thing is i try to install the newest java and it doesn't go into installing (showing it etc. ) and all i can get is the same thing mentioned above .
 i have even checked the browser to make sure java applet is enabled , it was.

but when i go to program and program x86 files it has no java file .
strange . anyone have any idea's on how to solve this ?
i wrote a e mail to the yawcanm  person that created it and the forum and joined it , but it said the message question has to be approved .

I had the earlier version which we used with halvision  before on my desktop and it worked fine with my logitek web camera , i installed this camera on the laptop to and it installed correctly , it's just the yawcam that i am having trouble running  for apparently the reason of java not installing correctly on my laptop .

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:22:27 pm »
  I've got java installed in Program Files (x86), this is in win 8.1.  I just went to the java website under verify version and it is out of date. I can't update until I remove the older version.
  In your computer if java is not in there downloading the latest version should install it.  This is to verify the java version.  http://www.java.com/en/download/win8.jsp,  I tried your link and it won't work for me.
This is what I have for a download page.  http://www.java.com/en/download/help/ie_online_install.xml
Carl2

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:06:52 pm »
love the idea.. Light  speed
  I  looking  at  getting  a ez  bee   robot  controller  as  they got  got  face  reaction and object  recreation support.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 10:54:10 am »
carl2 i have looked in my program foles both and i have no java file at all . when i try to install it , it just swirls a little bit and stops and does nothing . i will try the link you provided , but i think it leads back to the link i tried earlier . i used oracles website for java download . will let you know what happens from your link when i get on my laptop pc .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 02:10:26 pm »
okay i tried that link and it did the same thing .
i did find  the java control panel on m y laptop . here is some pics showing settings .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 02:12:17 pm »
more

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 02:23:05 pm »
the last of the java control settings .

but i still can't get yawcam to instaLL keeps just saying i need java runtime 6 or later installed .
ANYONE SEE  ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE SETTINGS THAT MIGHT CAUSE THIS PROBLEM WITH ERRORS ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 09:44:58 pm »
well i "FINALLY" got java to install which i needed to get yawcam to work , i tried everything even uninstalling my antivirus etc. and even MAKING SURE JAVA WAS ENABLED ON THE browsers etc. nothing worked , then i found this page : http://www.codejava.net/java-core/how-to-write-compile-and-run-a-hello-world-java-program-for-beginners

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html
 the java 7 version downloaded and opened okay . the problem i had before was stuff would download but when clicked on would swirl a little and never do anything , never install .   

i am still in the process of installing the yawcam  so will update more later .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 10:43:05 am »
well the web camera is detecting motion from my movements but is not saving the pictures of motion in my hal file , i am still going over the pathway to make sure all is right , this was part of the problem from before .
   i threw my back out and so have been on medicine . have to get back to this today on my laptop .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 12:29:34 pm »
hi lightspeed.

can you post the yawcam plugin, I don't have it anymore.

thanks

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 09:48:13 am »
Well crap , i had it working with my modified answers , and then i tried to replace the modified answers with my hybred random talk , made sure i had everything right , it was working when i moved it said the first line but kept repeating the fiirst line everytime instead of random sentences .  i tried to put the original fikle back again with the 25 and my pc was doing something strange never seen this before , although i had the trigger file for the picture to go to a specific file (and all was correct pathway , my program was now creating "SECOND"  x86 program file)  in my program file area  and within this second x86 program file was a zabaware file  but it was empty except for the motion detection picture it was taking of me ( maybe this is because this is a quad core laptop my desktop was a dual core pc.
when i deleted the second x86 program file , as soon as the motion detection took pics again it would create another one .
i even uninstalled the newer yawcam program and tried an earlier version , same thing .
worked most of the day with it , since my back was giving me trouble anyway , couldn't do much else.
OTCE WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING? are you running a quade core pc ?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 09:59:32 am »
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 430  @ 2.27GHz, 2267 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 12:11:30 pm »
otc i pm'd you on here .check your pm .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 01:26:10 pm »
Lonnie,

If you believe it to be a core issue then try running the car.exe program. It allows one to select how many cores to use / run. A lot of us use it with Haptek to get smooth animations. Do a Search here on Zaba to locate it. Might be worth a shot.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -