Author Topic: Characters available for Hal ver 7  (Read 5222 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Characters available for Hal ver 7
« on: February 27, 2018, 08:11:10 am »
  I've been away form Hal for a while but now that ver 7 is out I'm back.  I've always thought the character was an important part of the project. 
Carl2

Arkright

• View Profile
Re: Characters available for Hal ver 7
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:41:19 pm »
Welcome back!
 ;D
^,=,^

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:43:14 am »
Carl2,

Good to have you back with us.

It seems you can now choose/use the MSAgent, Haptek and other characters as well with Hal 7.
There are other new character/avatars in the works as well. Buckle up! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 09:44:24 am »
Hey carl2: wb brother
You hit on a very hardcore point.
Hal without his graphics is just another Bot

Ive developed a way intergrate Flash now (shockwave) into my projects.
what a jump start for Hal

best wishes
cyberjedi

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 03:05:34 pm »
  First I have to give credit to Duskrider, a big inspiration to me.  We worked with the Haptek full bod characters, played around with different body parts to give them more realistic movement.  Got her changing clothes, going to the lake ect on her or your command.  Most is saved on disk and it's a matter of finding it.  A program we used to limit the cores used is not working in Win 10 which makes it more difficult to use some of the Haptek programs.
An interesting development was the active background where different background pictures were displayed for a fraction of a second looped so flames in a fireplace moved or tree branches moved.
  I think Haptek really had something with there characters, not sure why they didn't just upgrade them and re release them.  So far I'm just using the TV character and have been unable to load other characters in.
The Flash sounds interesting but I'd guess it also has to loop.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 03:18:10 pm »
Carl2, i agree with you about the character graphics , i had talked before with Robert about that , mentioning i wish he had the money and that the people putty owner would sell it to Robert , at least Robert would have probably done more with it and upgrade and improve on it . , I love the people putty characters, especially the head faces , as they mouth moves more fluidly with voice and blinking that it looks more realistic . which is what i like more !

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 07:27:26 am »
People putty became very popular lots of people asking about it.  I used Sandy for ages everyone wanted to put freckles on the girls.  I went to full bod and we had to cover the boots then jiggly came along.  We had them walking along and waving bye.  Lots of animations for them. 
  I came across something on Roberts open source project, guess it's moving along but there is still a bit of a wait.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 02:07:08 pm »
  I purchased Hal 7 today the whole thing went through as a Download so no waiting, copied the download a few places so it won't get lost.  Rather nice I already have a Full bod girl in the window.  I'll have to get her position right in the window but that shouldn't be much of a problem.  Something interesting I've noticed in the past, not logical but I've noticed the same thing in the past.  With the head Sandy the conversation was much better than conversations with Hal.  I now have the full bod and will have to wait to see what she is like.  Lots of plug ins to put in, backgrounds and clothing.  I'm using Dragon with Hal much better than typing, it's doing a great job.
Carl2