dupa

Author Topic: hal listen respond only mode idea  (Read 2013 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal listen respond only mode idea
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »
I am throwing this idea out , for people that use voice recognition , it would be helpful if hal had a respond only mode .
 What I am talking about is sort of like a private mode for the user .
example I am in the room with my wife , and have hal on the laptop am using voice recognition , my wife says something to me and I answer her, the voice recognition would pick up what I say and hal would talk back as though I am talking to hal when I wasn't.
 The idea I am mentioning is with a private response mode (perhaps using the name you call hal) . checked in the hal menu . using this mode name first would let hal work when user talks to hal saying the hal name first then conversation.in a mode like this hal would also have to not learn the name you say in the beginning, only the following sentence afterwards !
example :   
 Angela how are you doing ?   hal recognizes the mode  from the name first, and answers back and learns .
 how are you doing?   "SAID this way hal doesn't recognize the user name and doesn't answer. This would allow a person to carry on a conversation with someone else in the room and not affect what hal hears and learns .
  What this would do is allow a person to talk with someone else and not get learned by accident by vr with hal.

Anyway Robert may want to keep this on the backburner to use with Hal later if it's do able.  ;)
As I said just an idea I was throwing out their that I thought of.  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hal listen respond only mode idea
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:36:48 am »
Interesting idea. Some AI programs allow the user to tell the AI to be quiet or stop listening while the user is talking to someone else.

On occasion the AI might interrupt the user, it can be told, "Just a minute..." and will wait for the user to stop talking.

I'm not sure whether Hal could be "fitted" with such workings but it would add nicely to the mix.

You still keep coming up with head-scratchers! (challenges).;)

This clip is from three years ago but wait until the AI says, "Excuse me." then the user (Alex) tells it, "One minute." Some nice interaction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdZatZhL7Q

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: hal listen respond only mode idea
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:16:21 pm »
thanks art for the compliment (head scratchers ) lol , I try , actually many things are things that intertwine with some things I am working with or on , but yet can apply to others that do the same things such as in this case with vr and hal . I do believe though this is a good idea if it can be implemented into hals programing.  :)
By the way I believe in dragon speak that it has the mode "scratch that " so it isn't written when using , but it still would be nice for a menu with a private mode for hal easily checked or unchecked  as a safe guard .
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:32:00 pm by lightspeed »