Author Topic: new character new brain  (Read 10546 times)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
new character new brain
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 05:14:22 am »
if you want to remove KNOWLEDGE from HAL

MAKING HIM "DUMBER" then you will need to create a new brain new folder.

then with a text editor GO thru the *.BRN files and DELETE the TEXT from inside..

ONLY FROM THE FILES WITHOUT
"HGFFGFG","TRUE"

these are the detectors

OR  files with

FALSE#,,,,,####true

as they are hal INTERNAL FILES

or

B DSOJH ODF:J %%^^*  DF

as this nay be a binary type database file

BUT THE FILES WHICH YOU CAN READ....

DELETE the contents..

this might help when you want a brain a bit more FROM SCRATCH

ghostrider

• View Profile
new character new brain
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 10:49:54 pm »
Hi spydaz and crew hope your projects are going well as to your question spydaz my hal/jenny is on its own computer which i set up as a server then programmed in all the sites i wanted as workstations and incorperated there accessing software into hal that way i can access all the sites i want jenny/hal to use as databases.
My hal now has a brain file consisting of over 25,000 lines of code alone and my defbrain folder is almost 1 gigabite in size.it has its own universal language translater built in and many other things as in emotions, sight/motion dectionand recognition, hearing/hearing detection and pattern recognition, and it has a normal almost human like conversation. And soon as i get done with my robotic project a body with touch,sight,hearing and pressure sensors all run by fiber optics.but the main reason im doing this project is the Ai brain itself  a human body could not function without a brain so why could a well built AI or robot.This forum is super and im glad i have had a chance to read alot of the members inputs it has given me a few ideas.You ask why do i do this lol well after working and programming computers for 15 years and having a few degrees i still have much to learn about Ai development.Later this year i will put my hal/jenny online in a 3d world so others can download acessing software and make there own 3d charicters to interact with my hal/jenny i will clone her into a male Ai for users also.That way she/he/hal will get more human interaction than the 10 users that work on my creation now.

Well i would give you all my work but who knows i might be the first to make a self aware Ai and as i document all my progress and work i can only wonder at all the people here on the forum who might just stumble upon that unknown and random code we call life.
                GhostRider

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
new character new brain
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 08:53:22 am »
Hi Ghostrider,

I noticed that you once commented on the capabilities of the Rooms3D-engine as an environment for interacting with chatterbots. Do you still think about that?

I am asking this, because I bought a partial license on Rooms3D some time ago. The project seems to have gone completely dead. I find that strange, because I think Rooms3D has still a lot of potential qualitities. Do you have any idea what to happened to the developers?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
new character new brain
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
ghostrider,

I'd really like for you to explain in greater detail how
you were able to interface HAL to a vision recognition
(program. Hardware, software, webcam or special camera).

Thanks!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
new character new brain
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 06:23:59 am »
GOOD GOING Ghostryder !!!

I was able to interface a FACE RECOGNITION...

There is a VB type Facial Recognition program, you can incorperate from SLUGGISH SOFTWARE....

It comes a a visual basic FORM... YOU CAN EDIT IT Easily and snip BITS Out for your own AI / ROBOT...

I did Have a ROBOTIC HEAD (which used TTS) for lip sync...

BUT I HAD TO GO BACK TO BASICS.. I am working more on Learning... & Mind Modeling. Its all well and good A BRANINFOLDER 1GIG. But it takes LONG TO SEARCH Better if the DATABASE / MINDMODEL was a single FILE / or a couple of files. USING SQL and Neural LOGIC...

MY PROJECT CURRENTLY: I am concentrating on an EMPTY BRAIN, Where YOU can teach IT Everything by  conversation and the AI place the information in its MODELED MIND DATABASE, to retreive information you just ask questions or if you are converrsing about a specific TOPIC the AI will try to COMPETE with the user i its current knowledge OR ask Questions to FILL the GAPS in ITS MIND MODEL... there fore all topics have simular SETS of questions... IE PARTS OF , TYPES OF , ACTIONS OF, TASTE OF, MALE/FEMALE, POS/NEG etc...

This way the AI Can DEVELOPE his/HER own SENSE....

THIS Is also a way towards SELF AWARENESS...

AS things like EMOTIONS will be HARDCODED UNCHANGEABLE > as the detectors for an emotion NEVER CHANGE... Just the responses,,, NOW RESPONSES CAN BE FORMULATE IN AS POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE WAY depending on How the AI FEELS or the MOOD which has been detected..
to give personality He can become biased towards either POS / NEG...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
new character new brain
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005, 08:26:31 pm »
Spydaz,

Thanks for the tip of the software. I'll check it out!
Very creative approach you are undertaking with your
bot creation project. Sounds promising but just like
with robotics, it all comes down to the programming!

Best of luck and keep us posted!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -