Author Topic: Kate and Paul will not work!  (Read 5530 times)

tecullinan

• View Profile
Kate and Paul will not work!
« on: November 23, 2005, 09:22:53 pm »
I purchased the ultra Hal text-to-speech reader with Neospeech.  The program works well with the normal voices such as Mary or Mike, but I get a Windows error message if I try to use NeoSpeech Kate 16K or NeoSpeech Paul.  I am using Windows XP Professional.  Can you tell me what to do?

GrantNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 12:09:01 am »
First step: Tell us the error message [:)] That will hopefully have a clue as to what is wrong.

I've had mixed success with the NeoSpeech voices - sometimes they refuse to work at all (and I don't even get the priviledge of an error message [:(!]) and other times they work perfectly.

tecullinan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 02:08:19 am »
The error message is the standard thing about, “Please tell Microsoft about this problem.  When I click on the error report, and then click on the view technical information.  The result was a panel of information, but unfortunately I could not click and drag it.  So I looked at the low panel and it said the following text file would be included in the report.  I look up the text file, and I think we should start with the information in it.  I attacked the file to this post.  You will have to let me know if this is not the stuff you need.

Download Attachment: 2f27_appcompat.txt
15.13 KB

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 12:26:15 pm »
The difference between the Neospeech voices and almost all other free voices is that they are SAPI 5-voices instead of SAPI 4. Personally I have never experienced a problem with Neospeech voices.

Do you also have SAPI 4.0a installed? Perhaps that will help.

http://www.microsoft.com/MSAGENT/downloads/user.asp#tts

tecullinan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 09:13:27 pm »
I have install or reinstall sapi 5.1.  This produced no change in the behavior of the program.

Eagle1147

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 04:51:19 am »
Dear Panel I recently purchased the noespeech voices and program [?][8] Now I feel left out.[8] the software was delivered on time but with out an activation code[^] and now every day I get one less day and I can't even activate the kate and paul voices[V]I'm upset; but I know that, this was properly an oversite on someones part at the company: and I also know that we are not ultra-hal; so that we do make mistakes
I hop to get this strightened out quickly thank you for letting me vent[:D]
using compu7ters to make a better world