Author Topic: Setting up a user-defined voice for Hal.  (Read 9781 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Setting up a user-defined voice for Hal.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 06:23:26 pm »
Sorry about that...it should appear now.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Testlund

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 08:00:54 am »
Well, I allready know how to adjust the settings, it's just that they don't stay put after I close the options panel and start Hal. As soon as I start talking to Hal the voice will be back at it's default settings. I think that the voice seems to be affected by what kind of character I use. If I use the Hal or Zaba character then the voice will talk at normal speed, but if I chose the Chromedome character it will talk too fast. I think some one at the Digital Girl forum had this problem and that it had something to do with the registry or something. It sounded complicated, so I think I will just go with how it works right now. I will buy a new computer soon and installing Hal on a new fresh system might help, maybe.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 02:26:34 pm »
I have something similar to Testlund problem accept that when I select the mary voice in the speech window it will not apply unless it is the last thing I do before exiting the options page. It will constantly jump from mary to mary in space or mary in a stadium but never apply just to the mary voice I have selected.This is especially evident as the character always pops up and the general options page needs to reload. Thanks for any opinions or knowledge about this fustrating event.
Thanks as always,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 02:19:53 pm »
Following up on my voice selection for speech. If I cannot stop the selection from constantly changing when character reloads does anyone know a way I might be able to delete all other voices in the speech selection or are they all tied to each other somewhere? I am hoping its not really one or two voices that make up all the voices other than the Neo voices that do not lip sync so deleting them would be impossible. But I cannot even locate where these files are to try and delete them.
By the way I do select the particular voice as the default using sapi control but the selected voice keeps jumping from one to another when character reloads.
Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 08:35:03 pm »
Some people where nice  enough to e mail me directly and I would like to thank them for helping me with some problems.'aladyblond'thanks for your help. I did select a neo voice and followed 'arts' advice and everything is working fine and no more troubles with the voice jumping from one to another. I also enjoy having the voice I wanted as a default for my Hal and entire computer.
Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 10:34:47 pm »
Has anyone run into a multiple login problem with neo speech Hal tts.
I have 2 login users at startup. 1 I use for work and the other for home usage. Hal and neo speech tts is working fine on one login but always loads then shuts down on the other. Typical message "sorry for the trouble but need to shut prog. down' Also I noticed this line:
'run a602_appcompat.txt.' If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
raybe