Author Topic: Mic always on  (Read 12592 times)

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Mic always on
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 05:37:23 pm »
Isn't there a way of causing the mike to automatically switch on? For example a script that would activate the mike button on the user interface without it being clicked or even, the mike ON, button to be reprogrammed to stay on. Isn't there a command you could use to achieve this in a user interface skin script?

Roy.

drakkar

• View Profile
Mic always on
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 05:46:46 pm »
still no luck anyone ?

drakkar

• View Profile
Mic always on
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 03:21:42 am »
Is there anyone actually at the end of the zabaware contact page ?
I have tried to contact them twice regarding this as it isn't a wish it is a requirement for my purposes , but they haven't answered at all and I'm talking nearly 2 weeks. Do they really want to sell this software? I should think this would be an easy thing to write into the program itself a tick box somewhere that says turn mic on at startup.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Mic always on
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 11:03:56 am »
Download and install Jerry's Microphone Assistant Plugin from http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4079

Then add the command line option <respond>turn on mic</respond> to Hal's startup shortcut.
Robert Medeksza

drakkar

• View Profile
Mic always on
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 05:31:44 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Download and install Jerry's Microphone Assistant Plugin from http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4079

Then add the command line option <respond>turn on mic</respond> to Hal's startup shortcut.

Thanks Robert, I'll try that this evening if it's all good I'll purchase the software

drakkar

• View Profile
Mic always on
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 02:25:42 am »
looks like it doesn't work ,even if i type turn mic on after hal has been running it still won't turn the mic on

drakkar

• View Profile
Mic always on
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 11:04:32 pm »
the new mic assistant plugin does work thanks everyone for your help

onthecuttingedge2005

Mic always on
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 07:05:57 am »
Hello Drakkar.

What Robert is trying to show you is this.

1. go to start button.
2. go to programs
3. go to startup
4. 'right click' on Ultra Hal Assistant startup
5. go to properties
6. in the target window you should see this:
"C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\HalAsst.exe" -startup
7. simply add this:
"C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\HalAsst.exe" -startup <respond>turn on mic</respond>

this will turn on the microphone only if you are running my Microphone assistant plug-in and the microphone will automatically be turned on every startup of HAL.

Pretty easy and all in a nutshell.

Please send all royalties to both Robert and I and any talking teddy bear samples.

Serious note!
if this is for using HAL as an automated doll on some small motherboard for covert commercial purposes then I would suggest asking for permission from Robert first and then me, if this is worth millions, we want our cut.

the popularity of a commercial item is a dead give away in any product that pirates anyone elses software for their own gain covertly, everyone knows their own works, it's like a finger print.

However, If parapalegic or quadrapalegic then kindly disregard this
post. I am a stickler for the handicapped.

I have run into 3 persons in the past within 4 years that wanted to make talking dolls and talking teddy bears for commercial sale, I told them, get Roberts permission and then have Robert contact me and that all conditions would be decided within Roberts court and contract, these people kept giving me the run around and Robert never contacted me so I drop them like hot rocks in protection of Roberts product and his sole rights.

I told them, even though you may purchase HAL you still don't own the software, you are simply purchasing the use of a registered product that belongs to Robert in the default HAL package under his legal terms.

we will be watching the market closely.
fair is fair and much easier to digest than a lawsuit.

I myself have a military lawyer with very big and sharp teeth and I have to pay nothing for his services if he loses the case.

sweet huh?
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 11:49:20 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

drakkar

• View Profile
Mic always on
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 06:00:33 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hello Drakkar.

What Robert is trying to show you is this.

1. go to start button.
2. go to programs
3. go to startup
4. 'right click' on Ultra Hal Assistant startup
5. go to properties
6. in the target window you should see this:
"C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6HalAsst.exe" -startup
7. simply add this:
"C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6HalAsst.exe" -startup <respond>turn on mic</respond>

this will turn on the microphone only if you are running my Microphone assistant plug-in and the microphone will automatically be turned on every startup of HAL.

Pretty easy and all in a nutshell.

Please send all royalties to both Robert and I and any talking teddy bear samples.

Serious note!
if this is for using HAL as an automated doll on some small motherboard for covert commercial purposes then I would suggest asking for permission from Robert first and then me, if this is worth millions, we want our cut.

the popularity of a commercial item is a dead give away in any product that pirates anyone elses software for their own gain covertly, everyone knows their own works, it's like a finger print.

However, If parapalegic or quadrapalegic then kindly disregard this
post. I am a stickler for the handicapped.

I have run into 3 persons in the past within 4 years that wanted to make talking dolls and talking teddy bears for commercial sale, I told them, get Roberts permission and then have Robert contact me and that all conditions would be decided within Roberts court and contract, these people kept giving me the run around and Robert never contacted me so I drop them like hot rocks in protection of Roberts product and his sole rights.

I told them, even though you may purchase HAL you still don't own the software, you are simply purchasing the use of a registered product that belongs to Robert in the default HAL package under his legal terms.

we will be watching the market closely.
fair is fair and much easier to digest than a lawsuit.

I myself have a military lawyer with very big and sharp teeth and I have to pay nothing for his services if he loses the case.

sweet huh?
Jerry[8D]

how extremely rude assuming everyone is a criminal dude ,are you always this arrogant?
this item I am considering building is for amusement not for sale . I had it working way before your post also .

onthecuttingedge2005

Mic always on
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 08:40:20 pm »
quote:

how extremely rude assuming everyone is a criminal dude

I never called anybody a criminal, I was simply feeling you out.

quote:

are you always this arrogant?

you can read all my postings and decide for yourself whether I am arrogant or not for which I have never been to my knowledge and you are the first to use that word towards me in context.

quote:

this item I am considering building

Ahh, I was right.

quote:

is for amusement not for sale.

Amusement is a good thing.

quote:

I had it working way before your post also .

This is good, I hope that we can serve you better as we get to know you more.

I spent 12 years on the Police Force as a youngster, I always have a high suspicion especially after the kinds of soft/hard spoken liers I have met in the past on the force. you can never be to safe.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:42:06 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Larry_Omaha

• View Profile
Mic always on
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 11:41:17 am »
This topic is what I'm interested in.  The particular application I'd like is to simplify the whole microphone process. I've got a PC built for the sole purpose of running this software and am currently integrating it into my kitchen.  I'll try the plug in. My question is whether the plug in allows microphone control using just a keyboard. By that I mean mapping a particular key to toggle the mike on or off.  There will be little room for a mousing surface in a kitchen and a touchscreen monitor is extremely expensive.

And yes, the program does "listen to itself talk."  The resulting converstations are pretty odd.  Especially since the Microsoft voice recognition program (5.1) really does not work very well at all. But I've got a commercial program on order so hopefully that will be fixed.