dupa

Author Topic: perpetual talking hal plug in idea  (Read 2627 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
perpetual talking hal plug in idea
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:45:49 pm »
i am bring up this plug in idea again , a perpetual talking hal plug. to otce , or anyone that can do it , it is a plug in with a timer based on loneliness timer, would allow the settings for 1 minute etc. etc. or random , high, medium and low impatience . the plug in would pull up conversations for all the many subjects hal has learned , randomly picking one of the learned subject sentences , , hal when he gets frustrated and says the last phrase when no one is talking , hal instead of stopping talking , will restart the same process over of a random subject learned sentence , this is all done accordingly to the settings in the timer plug in, it can even be set as random, what creating a perpetual talking hal plug does is allow the user to have a hal that will talk on his own , randomly etc.  the setting does need to allow hal to still interact with the user if the user says something so hal can respond accordingly , then hal will run the perpetual talking hal plug in as usual unless it is unchecked in hals main menu.

The big question is , can it be dome similar to what i mentioned above . ??????

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: perpetual talking hal plug in idea
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:55:51 pm »
why not have hal pull information off the net instead while in this mode? he could get bored and read a book and learn from it maybe even talk about the book that hal is reading.

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 08:20:42 am »
Maybe have HAL grab Random Daily "Facts" from the net... Might stimulate the "User" to talk about them and HAL could learn more.

Or even "News Headlines"....

You can find all kinds of stuff on this Old Site: http://www.refdesk.com/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:25:32 am by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 12:36:01 pm »
i think both other idea's would be good , if its from a place that has good results not negative , bad things that some people have or say on the internet. maybe the internet could be combined with what i mentioned  using the already learned random subject lines of info within hal.
 either way it would give hal more of a response first of general random setting timer conversations with the user, which i think all in all is a good thing.  :)