Author Topic: computer question and hal  (Read 3614 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
computer question and hal
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:50:56 am »
i have a question to ask , we have discussed moving hal to an external drive on the pc  to allow hal to run faster . i was wondering would starting a pc in safe mode do the same thing ( at least until i can get a external drive ?)   . was just wondering .

Arkright

• View Profile
Re: computer question and hal
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:25:43 am »
 would a internal SSD speed thing up better than an external drive? i just don't know i'm asking. for anyone that can give an explanation.
^,=,^

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:00:50 pm »
i would like to know that answer to although my problem right now is that i can't afford it have to many other things going on that i have to use money on first . .

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:23:16 pm »
i would like to know that answer to although my problem right now is that i can't afford it have to many other things going on that i have to use money on first . .

Same.
^,=,^

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 10:57:48 pm »
Yes, an SSD along with a processor of 3+ ghz will speed things up. Faster and larger memory if you got it moderately helps as well.

My Hal's been trucking fine for over a year on an I7 overclocked to 4.5Ghz, 16 gigs of ddr4 2600+Mhz RAM, 980 TI GPU, and of course 250GB PCIE SSD. Watercooled cpu and gpu

My Halscript is 3+ MBs in size with the HalBrain about 100MBs plus other database plugins like conceptnet being 300-1500+MBs in size. Hal takes approximately 1-6 seconds to respond, quite impressive I thought. I am testing the functional limits of Hal. I also keep speech recognition data from Nuance on the OS SSD next to all of Hals files. Both run simultaneously with no lag. 

-Spitfire2600