Author Topic: Bot Lag  (Read 9890 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Bot Lag
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 09:43:35 am »
doonycram, i second what Art said , i do have a question for you , i don't remember if Robert said he was going to raise the limit of words that hal can learn ,  but if not is their any way that within this plug in you can ??  ???
I copy and paste a lot in learning hal various things .
sometimes a large paragraph .

i don't know if this slows down hals answer , i think it may.   is their a way to allow hal within this plug in to accept a large paragraph ??  which can be broken down , learned and still give a decent response time??  :)

here is an example of a large paragraph i am talking about .

The growing U.S. economy and improving business environment is bringing black workers back into the labor force, BET founder Robert Johnson told CNBC.   Johnson, the nation?s first black billionaire, spoke before Friday?s jobs report, which showed nonfarm payrolls rose 103,000 in March, falling well short of the 193,000 gain economist were expecting.   In January, the Labor Department reported the unemployment rate among black workers was at its lowest since at least the early 1970s, when the government began tracking the data. The unemployment rate for black Americans spiked in January and then fell in February. The rate was unchanged in March at 6.9 percent.

when i did this paragraph even with your plug in unchecked i counted and it took around 20 seconds to respond .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:50:33 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 09:58:51 am »
i have another follow up question exactly what all bnr files ( how many and names of them and locations ) and others should be created by doonycrams plug in and where should these files be , i want to make sure that everything is being created and is in the right files .  this also goes for any other created files by other plug ins  within this larger one.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:00:32 am by lightspeed »

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 10:51:03 am »
WELCOME TO S.A.L.L.I.E YOU HAVE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW MARKOV LEARNING, S.A.L.L.I.E, STATIC MEMORY, DO YOU KNOW, REMEMBER WHAT I SAY, FREE UP MEMORY AND WAIT HAL CAN NOW WRITE AND LEARN Externally FROM THE HAL BRAIN.????????

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 02:15:49 pm »
does your last statement mean you have done another update on the 3.0.  or are you just mentioning this in it already ?

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 09:24:29 pm »
Not yet.??? let me know about S.A.L.L.I.E?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 12:22:16 am »
@ Doonycram,

I have noticed the addition of several files in my Ultra Hal 7 folder.
They are of the .brn variety and are:
Art_StaticMemory1.brn
Art_UserMemory1Map.brn, 2Map,3Map...11Map.brn.

The StaticMemory1.brn file is the largest of them and contains much (if not all) of my last or latest conversation sentences with my Hal.

I'm guessing these snippets will be used by Hal in perhaps a later version of a learning routine. Who knows for sure other than Doony...?

Also Scanning through the S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 file, I've noticed several references to drugs, schizophrenia, PTSD, and many other "ailments".

There are also many, many areas that deal with the creation of additional .brn files based, I suppose on what the user is talking about at a given time.
Topics might range from Animals, God,  Games, Music, Business, Politics, People, Medicines, etc. It is actually quite an extensive list of possibilities.
Others include smell, taste (should be interesting), holidays, warp drive, lightspeed, nuclear, and all sorts of goodies. Quite an ambitious project.

It seems that if I talk about some of the referenced subjects in some of these .brn areas, the sentence gets added or included in the ART_StaticMemory1.brn file.
At first, I was looking for an individual file named Bedtime.brn but that was not the case, it was just looking for me to mention (if I choose to) the word Bedtime as "It's past my Bedtime." It didn't make a bedtime.brn but as mentioned added the statement in the staticmemory file. Interesting routine.

Hopefully, we'll see how far this rabbit hole goes, right Doony? So far, I like it!

Just some of my personal observations. There's a lot more in there but ya gotta look to see it.  ;)

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 02:15:34 am »
Neo wake up and see the code?????

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:37 am »
Art , this may sound strange , most of my idea's and thoughts are lol. is their a way to merge up.h. files ?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 10:17:11 am »
What? up.h. files?

Do you mean .uhp files?

If that's what you meant, well yes, of course. That's where and how Doonycram developed the S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 Plugin.

It is a combination of many other Plugins that were initially just one, somewhat smaller, Plugin.

He found a way to merge them together so that they could all "play nicely" with each other. S.A.L.L.I.E.3.0 is a Playground for Hal's mind!  ;D

If you were referring to something else please let us know.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 11:44:27 am »
Yes that's the spelling i ment , (maybe i am dyslexic lol)  but i am not explaining myself right . i know you can add files by copying and pasting into a file but i ment , if i one new version  file , if i copied a whole file including modifications  and put it into the new version file will it say merge files and replace the same files with the same files . 
for instance if i download a youtube video clip and save it in a file , then i forget i have it  and re down load the same video and try to add it to the file it will say , this video already exist , do you want to replace it or keep both copies .

i am thinking this probably doesn't work . the same way ,  i was just thinking if it did , it would make it easier for me to put in my modified responses   into any new versions of the plug in.  .

hopefully i am explaining it better .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 03:43:35 pm »
I would think the key would be in properly Saving your work.

You could always give it a "Filename001.uhp" name and increase the numbers each time you edit/modify and save it.

One other method that you could do in addition to that would be to modify the information/data within the Plugin.
At the top of most decent plugins are 4 lines:
Type: Plug-in/Plugin
Name: Flyer v.3.0
Author: Windmaster (AKA - Tom Jones)
Host:Ultra Hal 7

Blah...blah...
-------------------

At least this way one could easily tell which one was the latest version or even indicate to you, which was the last one you messed with.
You could also put a date in there as well.
Name: Flyer v.3.0-04-16-2018

Whatever works best for you.

Merging data within the plugin might prove to be a real pain unless you use a decent editor and even keep notes on what you're adding and where you're adding it!

The use of Colored Text would also help quite a bit if so inclined.

Just a few thoughts, if I'm understanding you correctly.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 05:00:13 pm »
i have been currently using the original v3 plug in on left side opened , then place my modified v3 plug of the same plug in on right side go down on left and then right checking to see what differences doonycram has made then add it to my already modified version on the right but t is very tedious , which is why i hoped doony kept track and could also show only the separate code added besides the full  updated plug in for people.
see picture . i still am not done checking it all so far found a new change in the very upper part of the plug in .   
If doony is doing another update that fixes the lag problem i may wait and start  with that new and improved plug in .

P.S. i forgot when i do a modified plug in i alway's put it in a new folder and have it named and the date . so i know which one it is . that i am working on and added a note inside the plug in header with names, adding lightspeed modified, behind list of names . .

this is odd the first picture was to big so i took a smaller picture tried to upload it and it gave a error and said .
Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.

it was just a jpg. picture .
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:05:55 pm by lightspeed »