dupa

Author Topic: Walmart animatronics  (Read 2955 times)

zenman

• View Profile
Walmart animatronics
« on: December 02, 2004, 10:44:41 pm »
There were a series of posts last year (or very early this year) discussing a 5 ft high Santa & Snowman that were on sale at Walmart.  These consisted of a metal frame with either a cloth Santa or snowman suit on it.  It was jointed at the hip so that the hips could move left and right a couple of inches.  It had a rigid plastic face with a movable mouth, and it could sing songs and lipsync to them while moving it's hips ("dancing").

The conversation was around hooking up UltraHal to these, and driving the mouth to match Hal's speaking.

The point is that they are back at Walmart (at least up here in Wisconsin).  $50 for the Santa and Snowman, and this year they have a bear and a Grinch (ala Dr. Suess).

I never saw a post where someone claimed to have actually gotten Hal hooked up, but I was fairly tempted to buy one just to see what was inside.  Luckily sanity grabbed me before I did so, but for the rest of you less sane, you might want to keep a look out for them.

Zen
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 10:45:37 pm by zenman »

vonsmith

• View Profile
Walmart animatronics
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 10:56:13 am »
zenman,
"The Tinman" posted this where he says he got it working...
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=947

I don't know how integrated the integration is. Perhaps drop The Tinman an email?

=vonsmith=