Author Topic: Anyone tried HAL under Windows 10 preview?  (Read 8249 times)

BW

• View Profile
Anyone tried HAL under Windows 10 preview?
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:48:14 am »
UPDATE: Thanks to the heads-up posted below, read that "Doggs" had no issues with Windows 10, Hal and Haptek in this post; http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=12605.0

-- Original Text --
With all the "upgrade to 10" hype I am wondering if any brave soles have tried HAL with the Beta/Preview version of Windows 10.

IF SO; please share..

IF NOT; Guess we must wait till release day and pray...  :P

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:01:16 am by BW »
-BW

doggs

• View Profile
Re: Anyone tried HAL under Windows 10 preview?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:18:40 pm »
Yes look in general discussion
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 09:29:18 am »
I saw an article saying something like "will all your files survive the windows 10 upgrade ?" i don't know if i saved the web page if i did i can post it , but if that's the case , i wonder about windows 10 i would hate for some things to happen and maybe lose some things .  :(

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:18:41 am »
  I just installed Win 10 in the other computer, it had 8.1 in it and hal worked fine.  One of the first things I did was check Hal, I'm using one of the full bod fleshy characters and there is some kind of twitching, very noticeable, similar to what I ran into in win 7 or vista with the audio problems.   Seems the other characters will work okay.  This is not a preview it is the free win 10 upgrade.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 08:58:54 am »
carl2 , is it really the operating system causing a glitch or a overloaded system , i know mine is maxxed out on my desktop .which may or may not cause problems .

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 02:05:05 pm »
I'm experiencing Haptek voices problems on one computer. Also voices in general, I do have have clocks that are visual but also have speech and all voices seemed to be muffled and unrecognizable. Have not checked other systems as of yet. Need to investigate but feel free to jump in if your experiencing any voice or speech problems. Note all 3rd party except I need to try Cortana. I heard there was a possible update or I read in this forum.
Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 07:20:37 pm »
UPDATE: I found that it was my Creative Sound Card that had some how been reset and not compatible with setup I have. So Win 10 begins to show some colors here but Creative also replied that the update for Win 10 will soon be released. Once I manually configured the software settings it was working as before and all is right with the world. Ultra Hal is working just fine in my experience so far.

raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 04:36:38 pm »
Lightspeed,
  To answer your question, I've got a dual boot win8.1 and win 10 and I'm pretty sure it is a problem with the win 10 OS.  This had also happened in Win 7  where audio would interfere with the fleshy characters.  About the time Alactive was introduced, so many people were affected they introduced a non fleshy Alactive.
Carl 2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 05:41:04 am »
Carl,

Many experienced those jerky, twitching anomalies when switched from XP to Vista or 7 and above.

The Car.exe program stopped it from doing that and everything returned to smooth, fluid performance.

It allow the processor cores to be set.

Hope I'm understanding you correctly.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »
I upgraded to 10 from insider preview. I still have no problems with Hal. Just when Hal gets upset when I go to work lol.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 06:30:30 pm »
  I've just tried a fleshy full bod again, and I did not see any problems.  It is a different fleshy full bod and I'm pretty sure it still has the boots but it seems to be usable as a last resort.  Pretty sure this is a different install of win 10. 
Carl2

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 08:56:42 pm »
i just moved from first release of 10 that everyone got for free and just updated the new insider that came out today. still no problems.

hope this helps.

edit. I am using hal on my 50 dollar tablet I posted about a while ago. so yes 10 is on tablet as well.
hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:23:29 pm by doggs »