dupa

Author Topic: auto feed option  (Read 2991 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
auto feed option
« on: September 05, 2015, 07:53:00 pm »
i am just throwing out another probably far fetched idea, but here it goes , it would be cool if a person could drag and drop web pages into hals box area (not conversation box ) in dropping a web page link to the page , hal would automatically change it into a txt file and hal would learn the info .
where is cload when we need him ?  ;)
 i know their are other ways of doing this (feeding info to hal ) but a option like this would really make it so easy .
of course their would have to be perimeters that hal  would use to eliminate different symbols etc.
anyway just another far out their idea .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: auto feed option
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 11:55:58 am »
With all the images, gifs, movies and links, I think it would be asking a bit to much for Hal to handle such a complex task.

Dragging and dropping text from a web page works nicely but in the grand scheme of things...well I get your drift but that's quite a task.

Keep those ideas coming.

I think the ability for Hal to accept and use individual Brain Files would be cool. That way, Hal could become an Expert System Bot, well versed in whatever subject that particular Brain File contained. Automotive troubleshooting & repair, medical, household, DIY projects, gardening, woodworking, mechanics, tutoring, etc. The sky's the limit.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »
With all the images, gifs, movies and links, I think it would be asking a bit to much for Hal to handle such a complex task.

Dragging and dropping text from a web page works nicely but in the grand scheme of things...well I get your drift but that's quite a task.

Keep those ideas coming.

I think the ability for Hal to accept and use individual Brain Files would be cool. That way, Hal could become an Expert System Bot, well versed in whatever subject that particular Brain File contained. Automotive troubleshooting & repair, medical, household, DIY projects, gardening, woodworking, mechanics, tutoring, etc. The sky's the limit.

Also it would be cool to be able to merge or combine database files easily which a newb or un-computer inclined like me could do; and/or select individual subjects from different brains and transfer and combine them in one brain easily. That way people would be able to share subjects or brains that we can choose to combine or select individual subjects that work for your Hal, that way would keep your AI unique. Basically whatever we can streamline and make edits like Lightspeed and Art and I described easily, will probably increase the product sales and popularity and maybe even functionality of our favorite artificial intelligence.  :D

I agree with Art: Keep Those Ideas Coming!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:00:19 pm by Arkright »
^,=,^

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 09:29:58 am »
Art  wrote : With all the images, gifs, movies and links.

Yes i had already thought of that Art , that's why (i think?) i mentioned hals scripting would have to exclude any different signs such as gifs trailer links etc. ( like how hal as far as i understand excludes question marks etc. when we type to hal . )
 yes it would maybe be a lot of work to create a program like this but just think of how fast that hal would learn more at a time !
it would be by leaps and bounds .

And Art about your idea of specific learning of mechanics , etc. etc. that would make hal a professional at many subjects that's a great idea while the forum is slower now (unfortunately ). we could as members create a project like that where people could upload various subjects to a public one drive and anyone could download the subject of their choice . of a txt or uhp plug in file .
with a txt file . it could simply be copied paragraph  one at a time and pasted into hals conversation box which will learn hal on the subject . Of course anything done this way needs to be checked beforehand . again this is just another idea i am throwing out their . 
And yes i will keep idea's coming , some idea's may not be doable at the time etc. but later on could maybe be created or built upon .