dupa

Author Topic: Set-up Different Default Poses or Locations inside GUI Window  (Read 6876 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Thank you Carl, Dusky and Art,

Art can you please make sure that the terminology is correct for UltraHal standards.(Probably very similar for other products as well) You might as well start with me. I remember you mentioning it and I thought it was a good idea so everyone could be on at least the similar page when describing different ideas or problems. Thanks. Anyone else feel free to correct me.

My problem has been having my character upon start-up default to a different pose and or different location within the GUI Window, of coarse this would mean work with most backgrounds and the particular GUI you are using.

We can do it manually but I thought it would be nice if we can set different defaults for the same character. I don't know if you would also have to contend with the default locations that are within the Haptek characters.
Usually heads or full body characters find just about center of GUI window on start-up. But with certain backgrounds or GUI maybe you would want to have the character default to a sitting position or facing a little left or right, back or really close to window.

Thank you Carl for your response from other thread and Dusky thank you for your direct response(will send what I have). Hopefully this makes sense to everyone.

If not feel free to respond. I figured, why not work with what we have while waiting on any update right now. I know it might be a waste, but it may just play into things later, who knows.

raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Set-up Different Default Poses or Locations inside GUI Window
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:05:21 am »
Raybe,
   I just took a quick look through my Hal tools and noticed I have the applications rather than the zipped files needed for uploading.  In the meantime I'll just put in the code used to start the character.   Basically I created a htr in notepad that can Load the background, the character, and the Bodyskin (clothing) and then set the position of the character.  This htr is put in the characters folder so it can be found  when choosing the character in the options.

##standard
#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Background\RMBack.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\VGC.haptar]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Bodyskin/NC.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\APosition.hap]]

So the above text will be copied and pasted into Notepad, saved as say xyz.htr , a htr and not a text file so it will show up.
Any of the load lines can be omitted except the second line that is actually loading your selected character with the default settings which this htr overrides with new settings.   Also important is I have created new folders, Background where any background pics are stored,  Bodyskin where clothing pics are stored.

The APosition.hap which will change the position of the character is again a hap created in notepad  and made a .hap and not text.

#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0  HeaderLines= 2 HapType= command FileType= text
#Name= haptek_scene Icon= [ websters_icon ]

\Translate  [x= 0 y= 15 z= 20 t= 4 ]

Again this can be pasted into notepad and saved as a .hap.  This positioning hap has a time factor taking 4 sec that can be omitted.
  This should get you started, I'll see if I can find the zip tools and include some tools to use.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:16:41 pm »
  It was easy enough to find a zip to use to send the Hap registry which I find useful. Also enclosed is the Car application that is needed to keep Haptek tied to only one core of the processor.  I think the zipping went smoothly so good luck.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 11:07:44 am »
First let me apologize to members and especially Carl and Dusky for their time and responses.

Don't usually like to post this type of information but I feel necessary since I started the thread to begin with.

Due to 3 unfortunate emergencies at the same time I have been away from forum, trying to keep things as steady as I had hoped doesn't seem to work at this time. Just a bit overwhelming.

I appreciate your patience and again my apologies to Carl and Dusky for your time and willingness to help. I am hoping things will begin to balance themselves out shortly since I have no control over these circumstances.

Hope everyone understands and I should be able to return shortly.

Thank you,
raybe

P.S. Carl, I will print this page out and Dusky, I will send out info as it is possible. 

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:29:22 pm »
Just trying to push myself through and not get to hung up. Problems will always be there apparently but you must not get consumed or it really takes control.

Sorry for side note. I am getting back to trying all above mentioned suggestions and hopefully send feed back to forum as soon as I can.

Thanks again for everyone's patience.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 03:08:19 pm »
Carl, just curios if you remember when you gave your instructions of keeping the haptek character information when the character was opened. We used that in another folder and defaulted the start-up folder to look at our new temp starter folder. I'm getting confused reading my own post here, hope you can remember. At the time your UltraHal was loaded on a different drive other than the default C drive. We had to change the drive letter in your instructions to make this work. Stored in that temp start folder we were able to maintain the information of the character without it defaulting away within 24hrs and make changes in that temp start folder. Believe it or not I have been using that way ever since and never bothered to look if UltraHal is still looking at that folder on start-up. Just doesn't make sense because I believe that there would be a different character loading or an error message of some kind.

I'm mentioning all this because I shouldn't try anything until I am sure that the little trick you came up with is still working now and I just thought of it but never gave it any thought because my UltraHal just keeps working without any problems and this was years ago. Looking for original instructions in case you don't remember.
Just out of curiosity can we still see the temp file for the character when it is opened in that haptek temp file for Windows 7?
I remember it always stating ; Do not alter anything in this file because it will only work for 24hrs before the file defaults again.

Don't mean to drive you crazy. Maybe misery does love company. Also downloaded the Hap Reg and played with it but don't remember how to use the information while making the adjustments.

Thank you,
raybe
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:11:52 pm by raybe »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 06:07:09 pm »
  Raybe
   Yes I'm beginning to recall some of that, so you take a character and start her in a Haptek  player, Then you go to explorer and look at the Haptek, player, temp files, and there are all the files that were uncompressed.  I had been working with the .phy file changing variables for different parts of the body.  I believe I had made a copy of the .phy file, made changes and could then drag and drop it into the haptek console and see the resulting changes. that is not working now for some reason but onward and answer some of your questions.  Anyways you would select all the files in temp and copy and paste them in another location.  I remember the different location for hal, also I had a hard finding the temp folder, got through it all. I'm in win 8.1 now and the same tricks work,   
  So basically the .htr uncompresses and writes all the files to the temp directory which are discarded after 24 hrs, if you copy them they are just stored.  Not sure what else to say.  Actually I'm working in the def files now trying to get more info on states.   
   The Hap registry s a little tricky,   open the console, you drag and drop, background, character, and bodyskin, then refresh the registry list,
Select the character and For example select localtranslate y you move the slider to move her up and down, she will not move much so change the slicer max and mins to say 30 remembering to keep the slider on a minus number.  Normal body parts the numbers used would be 3 and -2 .  I don't feel I've done a good job explaining this but let me know if you get stuck.  Lots of old stuff but some it's pretty useful it's a matter of where is it.  I really think having Hal be able to use Wiki would help with learning quite a bit, like to get a few people interested in that
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 07:03:29 pm »
Thank you so much Carl. You understood me correctly and its nice to know that I can still use that method or not. Now I can spend more time on exactly how I had the set up from the beginning.
As far as the Reg. I will some time into it this week if I understood your directions and information correctly. If you don't mind I will let you know and thanks again for the reply.

It seems like that is the direction it is all going but honestly I do like having control over that feature. The Net has exploded with garbage and only seems to get worse. No alternative but to play in the same sand box and take the good with the bad.

raybe
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:08:13 pm by raybe »

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 05:00:44 am »
Nice one Carl, it's been ages since I've looked at ultra how but she is well overdue and upgrade, and your coding is so helpful.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...