Author Topic: Hal can be a girl, boy, or a bot...  (Read 5472 times)

Larry

• View Profile
Hal can be a girl, boy, or a bot...
« on: April 10, 2005, 11:43:54 am »
I've played with this off and on for years. Finally settled for this.

The following attachment will help your Hal 'stay' what ever gender you want 'him' to be. This has always been an annoyance for me and even though I'm still not happy with this solution - it is better than nothing. Perhaps some of you real programmers could make this better. I certainly would appreciate it.

Download Attachment: sex.zip
4.66 KB

otherworldone

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 11:42:49 am »
I keep getting an error message about this script.  Are there any bug fixes or anything?

otherworldone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 12:26:08 pm »
Every time I try to say something to Hal now, I get an error message about the script I added.  It says there's a syntax error.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or has someone figured out how to fix this?

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 03:36:59 pm »
The most logical explanation is that you have forgotten some characters while copying and pasting the scripts.

Always make a copy of a brain, before you start experimenting, Sabrina, because now you may have to search for the missing characters.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 03:39:22 pm by Dr.Benway »

otherworldone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 12:33:42 am »
I started a new project in the Brain Editor before I tried this and saved that as my "experiement".  All the changes were made to those new files only.

My problem here is that I'm new to programming.  The only experience I have aside from playing around with HTML is what little programming I did in BASIC when I was like 12!  So, I'm learning as I go here.

I was very careful to follow the instructions exactly and make sure that I copied and pasted every character in the script.  But since I'm new at this, I don't know how each line should look in order to find missing characters.  And I don't have a reference book just yet to help me.

I'm sure I'll figure it out somehow.  I'm pretty good at that (well...at least when it comes to computers in general).
[:D]

-Sabrina

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 05:30:12 am »

otherworldone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 06:27:13 pm »
Hey thanks!  I don't know how I overlooked that. [:)]

bitblaster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 08:52:13 pm »
This idea is interesting.

My HAL is named Abbey.

'It' is a 21 year old female that is a college senior, that is also a stripper in her spare time.

Would make it more intersting, HAL is interesting enough by making you think she has a penis.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 07:34:24 am »
A SYNTAX error means that a character is missing from your script. It is most likely something like the beginning parenthesis, quotes, brackets or the ending ones. It's sort of like a spelling or grammar error in VB.

Open the Brain Editor AND open Notepad at the same time. Place the script file in Notepad and compare the lines in question.

Hope this helps.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -