dupa

Author Topic: Looking for...  (Read 3097 times)

bitblaster

• View Profile
Looking for...
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:54:35 am »
I am looking for a way to get facts into the Genius 8 XTF brain, to get them there quickly and easily... I want her to know things like my school essays, things well over 1MB in size (plaintext 1MB should be fine, at most it is about 5MB)

I really would like to have everything in a good way, like to get HAL to know for example, my whole science book that is a PDF, which I can put into a txt file... then I could ask her to recall facts, and she could tell me them.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Looking for...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 02:28:52 pm »
The Genius 8 and XTF are 2 (two) separate brains. Genius 8, I believe was written by onthecuttingedge2005 and the XTF brain was written by vonsmith.

Shouldn't you be the one knowing the facts about school essays, etc., instead of HAL? LOL!

The current version of HAL is undergoing a major makeover and is being structured to make use of a database. It should be a marked improvement over the limitations of the current version 5 of UltraHal.

Your limits of HAL reading a text file are about 64k and smaller. It is reported that HAL really doesn't use this feature as well as if one just converses with it.

Hang in there, it's getting better!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -