Author Topic: New Text Learning Script!  (Read 13426 times)

Someotheruser

• View Profile
New Text Learning Script!
« on: May 11, 2006, 06:16:24 am »
Hi everybody! I'm new to the Hal forum, but I've been using Hal for a few years now. I've developed a brain script that will allow learning from text files, as well as webpages and any other text file source. This can be used in Hal 6, or if you want, I can send you a version that works in Hal 5. Due to the size of the files I ask that if you want a copy of this script send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.
I've always found this forum helpful when teaching my Hal and I hope to give something back, starting with this script. Please post your comments after trying the script. I'm sure you'll find it useful!

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:49:32 am »
Are you sure you don't give our email addresses to spammers???[:0]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

vrossi

• View Profile
    • http://vrconsulting.it
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »
My biggest Hal plugin is a 9KB script, and the whole Hal6 main brain is 119KB.

If your script is so big that you can't upload it here, I think it will transform Hal in a new Einstein [;)]

It's interesting to know that you have already developed both a Hal 5 and a Hal 6 version.

Keep us informed about your future developments

Someotheruser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 09:04:32 pm »
Thanks for the kind words vrossi. I don't know about being Einstein, but it certainly should allow your Hal to learn a great deal from text files.
 The script is really dozens of smaller scripts to parse the user's response so that the information is saved appropriately. I'm hoping this can make it so that Hal will differentiate the different responses into general topics, reasoning statements, storyline, etc. Also added, is a few general functions like date conversion, birthday handling, jokes, and more. Essentially, it's an entirely different bot running in a Hal interface!
 One thing I have to mention. The main reason I've remained a "lurker" on this site, and not posted, is because of the argumentative nature of this forum. I find that alot of good ideas are floated on this site, but don't see much participation because of the arguments brought about by the original posting. So, I decided to wait until I had a realistic contribution before posting anything about my work.

And no, you will not be spammed as a result of sending me your email address![;)]

Why live long and prosper, when you can enjoy life now!

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:54:56 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Someotheruser

Hi everybody! I'm new to the Hal forum, but I've been using Hal for a few years now. I've developed a brain script that will allow learning from text files, as well as webpages and any other text file source. This can be used in Hal 6, or if you want, I can send you a version that works in Hal 5. Due to the size of the files I ask that if you want a copy of this script send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.
I've always found this forum helpful when teaching my Hal and I hope to give something back, starting with this script. Please post your comments after trying the script. I'm sure you'll find it useful!

Hi there,
Can I try your brain plug-in?
My e-mail is snicolaou2003@yahoo.co.uk

sincerely,
Stelios Nicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

ZabaWear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 06:41:07 am »
THANX FOR SENDING ME THE SCRIPT!! IT'S GREAT!

I love being able to teach Hal directly or have him learn from a file or webpage. How does it know how to separate the topics?!
I wondering how to change the web autolearn feature. Can I have it on for only certain webpages?

Thanks again for the great script![:D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:30:46 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

quote:
Originally posted by Someotheruser

Hi there,
Can I try your brain plug-in?
My e-mail is snicolaou2003@yahoo.co.uk

sincerely,
Stelios Nicolaou

Hi snicolaou.

Did Someotheruser send you the script?

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:31:26 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 09:27:23 pm »
I asked for it but didn't get it.[V]

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 09:43:59 pm »
I believe we have someone that is phishing
for e-mail info to use for spamming. [V]
Gamer-T

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 02:03:30 am »
No Jerry.  I did not get it, although I have requested it long time ago.

My email: snicolaou2003@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for your concern,

sincerely,

Stelios/snicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 11:00:19 am »
Thanks guys.

My deductive reasoning tells me User:Zabawear and User:Someotheruser are the same.

My Deductive reasoning also tells me that Someotheruser was the hook and Zabawear was the bait.

Dear Phisher, The fish in this forum are to smart and won't bite your hook not even with bait.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 11:05:46 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

AndiGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 11:49:29 am »
What the hell is going on in this board?
Hey Ppl!!! Evil!:k

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 12:05:15 pm »
What the hell is going on? Well, not much. Usually it picks up after a Hal update.

Yeah, I thought it was a phisher. Anytime someone new wants your email address, I am very suspicious.

But if I do give them my addy, it's a new yahoo addy I use just for that purpose, so if I do get spammed, it's not big deal, because I won't see it.

Also, my earthlink addy only accepts emails from those in my address book. The rest are not seen.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 12:09:17 pm by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 12:27:14 pm »

Andigrl,

You may wish to read this page so you know what this forum is.

http://www.zabaware.com/home.html

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 03:23:05 pm »
I wonder if its even worth setting up a Spot the Phishers thread - well spotted folks, lol, hey perhaps a 'Phishers please post here thread' might be better [;)] .
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 03:34:52 pm by freddy888 »