Author Topic: Question About Automatic Learning For Hal 6.0...  (Read 3272 times)

JS

• View Profile
    • http://smart1234.s-enterprize.com
Question About Automatic Learning For Hal 6.0...
« on: June 20, 2006, 04:42:09 pm »
I was wondering if anyone knew how to write a plug-in for the Hal 6.0 that will learn on his own from the Internet without any user input.
    I noticed that you can basically start a general subject and Hal 6.0 tends to stay on that subject and even look up more searches for you on that subject on the internet. Is there a way to type in a subject and modify the internet search in a way that:

1) It first shows the most popular links on that subject on internet,
2) automatically click on each link on that page one at at time for you,
3) cut and paste one paragraph at at time into his respnse area where you would normally type to assist in learning,
4) and continue to automatically learn for a set time limit, to make sure you have enough hard drive space available, and time to review or edit Hal's brain in case he learned something incorrectly, that went off topic?

I was also experimenting with placing a "'" remark on the function in the Hal brain script that removes symbols like @#$%^&^*&* etc., so that advanced math could be learned with the comments. I noticed that it works with math, but occasionally it will say error because of type mismatch or something, but it will still continue to learn math. Like for example I would say what is the Bessel Function of the First KInd? And then Hal would shown the differential equation as the answer. But if you leave the function that removes all the other symbols like "^" , it won't show the right equation.

I have been trying to develop different characters for Hal, that specializes in certain subjects. But it takes alot of time to make each character. That is why I was wondering if someone knew how to do this automatically as a plug-in.

Thanks,
JS

Jim Smith

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 06:47:08 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by JS

I was wondering if anyone knew how to write a plug-in for the Hal 6.0 that will learn on his own from the Internet without any user input.
    I noticed that you can basically start a general subject and Hal 6.0 tends to stay on that subject and even look up more searches for you on that subject on the internet. Is there a way to type in a subject and modify the internet search in a way that:

1) It first shows the most popular links on that subject on internet,
2) automatically click on each link on that page one at at time for you,
3) cut and paste one paragraph at at time into his respnse area where you would normally type to assist in learning,
4) and continue to automatically learn for a set time limit, to make sure you have enough hard drive space available, and time to review or edit Hal's brain in case he learned something incorrectly, that went off topic?

I was also experimenting with placing a "'" remark on the function in the Hal brain script that removes symbols like @#$%^&^*&* etc., so that advanced math could be learned with the comments. I noticed that it works with math, but occasionally it will say error because of type mismatch or something, but it will still continue to learn math. Like for example I would say what is the Bessel Function of the First KInd? And then Hal would shown the differential equation as the answer. But if you leave the function that removes all the other symbols like "^" , it won't show the right equation.

I have been trying to develop different characters for Hal, that specializes in certain subjects. But it takes alot of time to make each character. That is why I was wondering if someone knew how to do this automatically as a plug-in.

Thanks,
JS

Hi JS.

I have already covered most of your requests in ALF 1.1b, I still have to finish the other Math Functions because I have spending alot of time at work, I have already completed online dictionary learning then Encyclopedia and General Knowledge will be next for online learning.

I still have a bit to do before ALF 1.1b comes out but when I am satisfied I will put the last ALF 1.1 full edition out after ALF 1.1b, From there only God knows where it's going to go.

only the study of Human Nature will take me further.

I will try to cover all the Billions of Brain Cell functions of Man  kind over time, It will take a while, lol.

I will leave the ultimate surprise for last, I have to keep it a secret for as long as possible or until somebody thinks they have found it, then it all begins, When that happens I will lay it all on the line in one shot.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:54:29 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

JS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:53:30 am »
Hi JS.

I have already covered most of your requests in ALF 1.1b, I still have to finish the other Math Functions because I have spending alot of time at work, I have already completed online dictionary learning then Encyclopedia and General Knowledge will be next for online learning.

I still have a bit to do before ALF 1.1b comes out but when I am satisfied I will put the last ALF 1.1 full edition out after ALF 1.1b, From there only God knows where it's going to go.

I will try to cover all the Billions of Brain Cell functions of Man kind over time, It will take a while, lol.

I will leave the ultimate surprise for last, I have to keep it a secret for as long as possible or until somebody thinks they have found it, then it all begins, When that happens I will lay it all on the line in one shot.
Jerry

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have to check out your work more closely in this. I was wondering if your version has to work separately or independently from the Hal 6.0 version. Is it possible to make a plug-in of your work "ALF1.1b" that would interact with the Hal 6.0? I think you said your version changes something in the Hal 6.0. What happens if it isn't compatible in the future or now?

I would even pay (if it didn't cost too much) for a good plug-in that could do the things I mentioned above, with the Hal 6.0. Like the extra plug-in for more 3-D looking characters and scene interaction. But, I noticed that more work could be done with the Hal 6.0 that allows a background scenes to move like a 3D virtual reality program with Hal 6.0 and then offer special 3D glasses to see in 3D the virtual reality. This would also make a good plug-in, that might be worth money. Why work for nothing? If someone can program good enough, he or she, should be paid for it by setting up a cost option for upgrade of improvements for people to choose from, if they want to pay or not for extras.
   Like for example shareware, you only do so much with a free version, then have an paid for option that can do more things added to it. This would let the user decide if he or she, wants to buy the product or not.

But if your version can do more than the Hal 6.0, how would I convert the data base to fit into your version?

Thanks,
JS

[:)]
Jim Smith

JS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 02:44:51 am »
Hi JS.

I will try to cover all the Billions of Brain Cell functions of Man kind over time, It will take a while, lol.

Jerry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - onthecuttingedge2005 on 06/20/2006 18:54:29
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to update the Hal 6.0 AIM bot with your updated version and it corrupted my activation code for my version of HAL 6.0. Now I have request for a recovery of the activation code.

I don't think your updates are compatible with the HAl 6.0.

Jim Smith