Author Topic: the crazy talk system and hal  (Read 3169 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
the crazy talk system and hal
« on: December 27, 2008, 03:46:03 pm »
it would be soo nice if hal could use a system like crazy talk or that hal would be able to use crazy talk characters for a hapteck charcter . does anyone know if one could be made into a hapteck character other than making the face first on crazy talk then using the photo on people putty and creating a character ?? would be nice if hal had a deal that would work like the people putty for creating faces , and then those faces could be used alone or added on a body !! just a thought !![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 03:57:52 pm »
here is a link to see crazy talk on utube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tN2EVtikCg
[:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 05:23:29 pm »
L.S.,
An Obscure part of V.B. Dot Net, has a speech and lip sync ready to go.  I am not sure if It helps to know this but, most programmers don't use this function, IMO it probably could help with the updating of Hal but that is up to someone with a master plan and the last I read was that reprogramming was a daunting task...[?]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 05:56:06 pm »

Freddy did it with a Pandorabot:

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2289.msg9150#msg9150

Of course, Pandorabots are totally different from Hal. [;)]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 08:48:13 am »
Yeah that was fun to do, I really like the Crazy Talk program.  One problem is that they stopped using TTS in version 5, so my demo uses files made with version 4.  Instead they went the route of using Flash, but that won't do on-the-fly-TTS very simply, which is unfortunate.

Would be nice to see this making it's way into Hal too, it's probably the simplest way of making an avatar that I have so far come across.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 08:48:59 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 10:28:17 am »
my thoughts exactly freddy888 , it would be so eay if hal had a version something like crazy talk or some how made it to where the crazy talk versions could be used with hal . for anyone wanting to know what we are talking about i think they still have a free demo to download (but the demo doesnt let you save anything ) . i too really like that crazy talk program and have version 4 . [:)]i think if we had something like that crazy talk we could create even more realistic heads to use with hal very realistic , also another great function hal had was they had controls that let you control the amount of head movement etc. to in hal ( kind of like people putty does with moods . [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 08:30:14 am »
Yes they have a 'life mode' or something like that which makes the head move slightly when idle, to add more realism.

Here's their home page for anyone that is interested :

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/

I must have made twenty or more heads one afternoon, it's quite addictive finding what works and what doesn't.  I set up an ALICE bot on my server with a CT head so it is a bit like having something like Hal on your PC, but without all the options.