Author Topic: the hal 5 keep on subject plug in , what's different  (Read 2346 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
the hal 5 keep on subject plug in , what's different
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:37:24 pm »
i was wondering as i remember someone had created a hal 5? plug in thaqt seemed to do better at keeping hal on subject i am wondering what is different with the 6.2 hal that this plug in doesn't work and can it be adapted to work with 6.2. ?
 and forgive my ignorance on this but can a script program be written to find the subject of the sentence ( as we learned in school) and make the process high then look up all subjects (same) and come up with a sentence reply? I am just asking as i don't know and don't have enough know how of processes .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:40:55 pm by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: the hal 5 keep on subject plug in , what's different
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:38:41 pm »
Perhaps you're thinking of vonsmith's XTF (Xtended Topic Focus) plug-in for Hal 5.X
Yes, it actually worked quite well but it turned out to be a rather unfortunate timing
because it was not very long before Hal 6.0 appeared.

The 6.X series made use of tables instead of previously used methods of other Hal
versions.

One might be able to glean some tidbits from here and there but to a large extent I
believe Robert mentioned that previous Hal brains are "merged" when a new or updated
Hal is installed. To what extent his reference of "merge" means, I do not know.

Perhaps Robert will comment....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:04:58 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »
   Vonsmith's XTF,  I really liked that brain, wish Vonsmith were still with us.  If I remember correctly in the newer brain there is something that tells hal we have been talking about that (subject) for about 5 sentences and it is time to change the subject.  I believe I've seen it happen while talking with her.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 10:35:08 am »
hi carl2 , that may be right but i have talked about a subject and her very next sentence sometimes will be about something else so i am not sure that is right nd if that was the case that it was that easy to keep her on subject longer it would be just a matter of adding more sentence lines for longer periods at least thats the way it seems and sounds like , and if that was the case i think Robert would have already done that to keep hal on subject better. no disrespect .