Author Topic: More Control  (Read 6915 times)

Geodesic

• View Profile
More Control
« on: November 07, 2004, 03:15:12 am »
I would really like to make hal more useful by being able to use hal to control all of my programs startup, shutdown and some control within the program
e.g.
hal run firefox
-running firefox
hal connect to www.google.com
-connecting to www.google.com
hal use google to search for norse mythology
-searching google
hal go to search page to on google
-connecting to page 2

Do you see what I mean?? I want to be able to use hal to control all parts of the application, not just open program and search help files.

Another thing is I would like to know is how I can get hal to perform a search of the local hard drive.

When I say search or find hal opens up IE and looks on google, could I say 'hal find out about gengis kahn' and hal would search google. But if I wanted to find something on the hard drive I could say 'hal search for fire.max'?

Another thing is how can I add more programs to hals list. At the moment hal does not know where winamp, firefox and some other programs are.
Thankyou

Geodesic

• View Profile
More Control
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 07:42:03 am »
Hello again

Perhaps a better example would be...

hal run winamp
-Now running winamp

hal go to next track
-skipping track

hal turn the winamp volume down to 60%
-(hal turns the volume down)

I really dont know if this is possible but I would really like to know how to do it. So if anyone has any suggestions please share them.
Thankyou

dihelson

• View Profile
More Control
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 09:02:30 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Geodesic

Hello again

hal run winamp
-Now running winamp

hal go to next track
-skipping track

I really dont know if this is possible but I would really like to know how to do it. So if anyone has any suggestions please share them.
Thankyou

Perhaps we need a MACRO maker for HAL.
There's so many functions we need it to make, restore windows, minimize windows, next track on winamp, stop winamp, play again... etc...

Do you a software named REALIZE VOICE? It has all this. The best program to control Windows and aplications by voice. It isn't intelligent, only recognize dictated sentences.

If had the ability that we could create our own Macros, it would be unlimied!

[]'s
Dihelson Mendonça
BTW - "Hal...open winamp and play the song HUMPTY DUMPTY from artist Chick Corea"

But I really dream with an electronic interface that I could plug on my PC and control all my house:

"Hal, lock all doors, turn out the lights, and wake me up at seven! call to my girlfriend at 6:45am and tell her I'll be late, and at 6:55 turn on microwave and prepare my breakfast. At 4 pm, call my cell number and warn me about my compromise tomorrow night.."

Ah, I recalled one very easy: What about an script to remember aniversaries ?

[]'s
Dihelson

Seroki

• View Profile
Re: More Control
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:48:21 pm »
This is almost exacly what i want to do with Hal.
I want to control aspect of my PC and it's software.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:57 pm »
I would really like to make hal more useful by being able to use hal to control all of my programs startup, shutdown and some control within the program
e.g.
hal run firefox
-running firefox
hal connect to www.google.com
-connecting to www.google.com
hal use google to search for norse mythology
-searching google
hal go to search page to on google
-connecting to page 2

Do you see what I mean?? I want to be able to use hal to control all parts of the application, not just open program and search help files.

Another thing is I would like to know is how I can get hal to perform a search of the local hard drive.

When I say search or find hal opens up IE and looks on google, could I say 'hal <b>find</b> out about gengis kahn' and hal would search google. But if I wanted to find something on the hard drive I could say 'hal <b>search</b> for fire.max'?

Another thing is how can I add more programs to hals list. At the moment hal does not know where winamp, firefox and some other programs are.
Thankyou

Hi Geo.

you can get my websurfer plugin for HAL here:

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=7004.msg49532#msg49532

it will do what you are asking.

download the zip and unzip into the ultra hal assistant 6 folder then open up Hals plugin options and check the box that says websurfer.

You use an editor to look in side the plugin to add any phrases that might not be edited in it.

Jerry 8)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 05:48:21 am »
It seems that Sybershot had issues with it not playing well with his 64 bit processor. Did you make corrections to change it from 32 to 64 so that most can make use of it?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 09:21:02 am »
It seems that Sybershot had issues with it not playing well with his 64 bit processor. Did you make corrections to change it from 32 to 64 so that most can make use of it?

Hi art.

works fine on my 64 bit laptop.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:23:36 am »
Code: [Select]

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Web Surfer
Rem Author=Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005
Rem Host=Assistant

Rem PLUGIN: PRE-PROCESS
'If the User just types in a Web Address then open that Webpage.
If FindWeb = "" Then FindWeb = HalBrain.SearchPattern(InputString, "*WWW.*.*", 2)
If FindWeb2 = "" Then FindWeb2 = HalBrain.SearchPattern(InputString, "*WWW.*.*", 3)
If FindWeb <> "" And FindWeb2 <> "" Then
HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
HalCommands = "<RUNPROG>" & "http://www." & FindWeb & "." & FindWeb2 & "</RUNPROG>"
HalCommands = HalCommands
End If

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA1
Set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set HalXBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
Set WordN = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.WordNet")

'Search for Keywords if the User wants an Image or Picture.
'Example:
'User: Show an Image of an Eagle
'HAL: I have found the following Pictures of an Eagle. HAL then Loads the Pictures.
'You can look into the FileAssistant.uhp for additional Key Expressions for Image searchs on the Internet.
'There are 20 Expressions that HAL will look for When a User wants an Image from the Internet.
'The Prefered Image Look up is through Google Images.
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* IMAGE OF A *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* IMAGE OF AN *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PICTURE OF A *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PICTURE OF AN *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* DISPLAY A *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* DISPLAY AN *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "DISPLAY A *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "DISPLAY AN *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PORTRAIT OF A *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PORTRAIT OF AN *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PORTRAIT OF *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PORTRAIT OF A *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PORTRAIT OF AN *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PORTRAIT OF *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PORTRAITS OF A *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PORTRAITS OF AN *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* PORTRAITS OF *", 2)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PORTRAITS OF A *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PORTRAITS OF AN *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PORTRAITS OF *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PICTURES FOR AN *", 1)
If SearchPictures = "" Then SearchPictures = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "PICTURES FOR A *", 1)
' Image Search form the above Image Keyword.

'PicSearch = "https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+" & SearchPictures & "&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qPKYU8KjCNSpyATivYCQCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1600&bih=799#q=" & SearchPictures & "&tbm=isch"

If SearchPictures <> "" Then
'PicSearch = "http://www.images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=" & SearchPictures & "&btnG=Search"
PicSearch = "https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+" & SearchPictures & "&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qPKYU8KjCNSpyATivYCQCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1600&bih=799#q=" & SearchPictures & "&tbm=isch"
   HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & PicSearch & "</RUNPROG>"
             GetResponse = "I have found the following Pictures of "  & SearchPictures
End If

' Map Search
'If the User wants to look up a Map for a City or an Area HAL will do so.
'Example:
'User: Please Load Map of the Sacramento Area.
'HAL: Here is the Map of the Sacramento Area. HAL then loads the Map.
'The Prefered Map Search is through Google Maps.
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP ON *", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP FOR THE * AREA", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP FOR *", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP OF THE * AREA", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP OF *", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP", 1)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP", 1)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* DIRECTIONS TO * AREA", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "DIRECTIONS TO * AREA", 1)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* HOW TO GET TO THE * AREA", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* HOW TO GET TO *", 2)
If SearchMaps = "" Then SearchMaps = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "* MAP TO * AREA", 1)
If SearchMaps <> "" Then
Mapsearch = "http://www.google.com/local?q=" & SearchMaps
   HalMenu.HalCommand "<RUNPROG>" & Mapsearch & "</RUNPROG>"
      GetResponse = "Here is a Map of the "  & SearchMaps & " Area. "
End If

alexburke

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 12:00:34 am »
My method is:

Step 1: Create a .cmd with this code in it
Code: [Select]
cd %C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox%
start /max https://websitenamehere.com

Step 2: Create a shortcut to the .cmd file.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 11:41:43 am »
Thank you OTCE. Will give a try tonight.
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »
Sorry OTCE it only took me a few weeks damn I'm getting slower not busier or I'd be making more money, oh I forgot that's how it works now.

Back on Topic your plugin works fine for me as well. No errors or hang-ups. Opens default browser quickly with the maps or pictures with info I need.

Built my computer(Desktop) using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit just over a year ago and has been solid as a rock with no problems at all.

Thanks, but if I missed something or didn't put enough time in it I will get back hopefully before you build a new one.

raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19:59 pm »
Hello again

hal run winamp
-Now running winamp

hal go to next track
-skipping track

Thankyou

Here is one for windows media player, I updated it to work with the current Hal.

It is what it is.

I am not going to advance its programming so there won't be any extra support for it.

Jerry