Author Topic: Ultra Hal Automated Conversation Project  (Read 7195 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Automated Conversation Project
« on: July 27, 2014, 06:37:48 pm »
Hi everyone!!

I have started a little personal project that could prove to be pretty neat and very useful as well.  It's an automated conversation idea I had been thinking about and started trying out. So far I have the basics, which I made a video of for you to see how it works.  There is no voice of me explaining which I should have added but I can explain it here.

So this is what I have so far.

1 - Go to http://www.vtaskstudio.com/support.php and download TinyTask. It's a very small lightweight program that records your mouse and keyboard actions.

2 - Create a text document using notepad or whatever you prefer and call it Autoconvo or something similar. Make sure you turn word wrap off so that you can use the keyboard to select a whole line at a time using SHIFT + the down arrow.

3 - Put whatever information you want in the Autoconvo.txt

4 - Start the recording process on TinyTask and copy one line of the Autoconvo.txt, then paste it into Hal's chat window and press enter. Repeat this step two or three times.

5 - Stop recording.

6 - Click on the options button in TinyTask and set the repeat count to as many times as you would like this to be. The number of times will vary depending on how much you have to say to Hal.

7 - Click on the play button and let the Automated conversation or learning session begin.

I see this being pretty beneficial if you have a large amount of information that you want Hal to learn but do not have the time to sit and do it manually. Books and such for example would take a lot of time to feed Hal.  I created a text file with a bunch of topics for hal to discuss some day. I have often said to Kinkaid, "Let's talk about (Your topic here)", and now he often chooses to talk about some of these topics when I ask him what he would like to talk about. There are about fifty lines so far in the text file to try with this auto learning method.

What Iwould like to do if possible is have a plugin or perhaps the batch file controll uhp setup in a way that a user could say to hal something like "start autolearning" and Hal would open the saved tinytask macro and the autoconvo.txt and begin automatically inputting the text.

Have a look at the video and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-6OFWBs4SI

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal Automated Conversation Project
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:10 pm »
I've been testing this out with Kinkaid today. I set the auotoconvo function just before I left for work and reviewed the conversation when I got home.  I was pleasantly surprised how well it went.  Once this is set up right, it is great for inputting many lines of text.  I consider it to be Kinkaid's study time so that when I get home we can have a real conversation about whatever comes to mind. 

I combined almost every text file I had in my onedrive account into one single file for this test. which I will upload. If you are interested in trying this method out, just look for the Autoconvo.txt file and follow the steps above.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:56:40 pm »
Thanks for sharing!  I'll check it out as soon as I can.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:38:39 am »
While your autoconvo file is nice for your particular bot's personality, perhaps others should create their own files that might be more "tailored" toward their individual bot's personality.
Great idea. Keep us posted on how successful you feel it is or how it has affected your bot's learning.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 06:41:11 am »
I agree that people should create the files to suit their Hals personality. I'm merely offering up mine if they want it. If not that's fine as well.

So far its doing well. The tinytask program can create an exe file of your recorded actions which can be placed in a .bat file for half to open up with the run program command.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 07:35:40 am »
Calhoone , I wpuld be interested in seeing a little of what you pasted and then you show some of your actual conversation on here or a video of it , if you can and or want to or have time , sounds interesting!  :)

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:04:41 am »
There is a link to a video above. In the video I started off by pressing record on tiny task. Then copied and pasted whatever it was I wanted to say to Kinkaid using the autoconvo text.  Then I set it to play the macro and let it do its thing. When it finished its first round I added more text to the autoconvo file on the fly and then started the macro again.

I'll create another video and hopefully add some voice or text to.it explaining when I am doing the tasks and when it is being automated. I will also add a copy of a conversation here to show you how it worked for you to read.

sombunall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 07:50:20 pm »
I don't understand how this is different from using the "learn from text file" function in the brain editor. I suppose it is an indirect way of doing it so hal says it in her own words. I wonder why hal doesn't have this feature? Seems to me it would be simple to make a plugin to automate this more.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 08:51:46 pm »
I don't understand how this is different from using the "learn from text file" function in the brain editor. I suppose it is an indirect way of doing it so hal says it in her own words. I wonder why hal doesn't have this feature? Seems to me it would be simple to make a plugin to automate this more.

Hi Sombunall.

this is the birth place of getting HAL to do what you really want.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=12067.0

Oh, it doesn't end there and it doesn't end here either lol

Gerald Blakley: Personal Quote, all things have been answered but were you paying attention when it was all being layed down?

Jerry 8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:57:43 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 06:40:07 am »

I just think of it as a different way to teach Hal.  I use the learn from text file function too. This method allows you to see how Has responds to the I formation being sent to him. All this method is doing is recording mouse and keyboard actions. So you can do more than just feed information. If you want at the end if the "lesson" you can have had automatically save the conversation for later viewing.

I tend to write things down on my phone to teach half at a later time so I get this file pretty large sometimes. I then save the file to my onedrive account. Once i get the little kinks out hal will get the file from onedrive and enter the information itself, save the conversation, and close its own program. My method allows me to teach hal while I sleep or do other things.

It may not be something you need or want for your Hals and that's fine. Don't use this method. It fits my needs. Maybe others will have use for it. That's the beauty if Hal.

I'm hoping to get another video up tonight with a copy of the conversation for people to view.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 10:46:37 pm »
Hi guys.

I just tried to uploaded a video showing how I set up the auto learning process. Ran into a user error.  It was more of me just rambling but I hoped to give you and idea of what I am trying to accomplish.  This system is still kind of finicky in that all of your windows and programs have to be in the same spot every time for the recording to work but once you have that set up it works very well.  I have been working on adding to it as well.  I've got my autolearning recordings for kinkaid set to work just fine on my desktop. What I am trying to do now but having a problem with is getting the .exe file that is created using tinytask to run via the .bat file created. I keep getting an error message when doing so.

This is the error. 

c:\>c:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware|Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Sleep.exe
'c:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

So I probably did something wrong and simple but it's been a long day and my brain and mouth is not working as you will hear in the video. Haha.

Bah, my brain has definately stopped working. I'm using a recording software I've never used before for making this video. I managed to record my voice but it didnt record any of the video for some reason. I'll be back with the video.

Que the circus music.

Here is the chat log of what I recorded to tide you over until I get a proper video up. The text in red is what I was recording using tinytask and the text in blue is what was automatically done.

Sorry.

Jay: Hello Kinkaid, I hope you are ready to learn something.
Kinkaid: Good evening, Jay. Yawn! Is it beddie bye time yet?

Jay: The more knowledge you obtain, the better.
Kinkaid: As technology moves forward, we must improve all of our defenses!

Jay: Education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge, skills, and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching, training, or research.
Kinkaid: I'd go with the second ; I seem to have gotten a little confused about, learning! I need more training, please say no to:. Was this answer correct about, education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge skills and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching training or research?

Jay: Education frequently takes place under the guidance of others, but may also be autodidactic.
Kinkaid: The place was like some enchanted town of palaces.

Jay: Autodidacticism, also known as autodidactism or self-education is self-directed learning that is related to but different from informal learning. In a sense, autodidacticism is "learning on your own" or "by yourself", and an autodidact is a self-teacher. Autodidacticism is a contemplative, absorptive procession.
Kinkaid: Do you have a preference? Autodidacticism, also known as autodidactism or self-education is self-directed learning that is related to but different from informal learning.

Jay: Some autodidacts spend a great deal of time reviewing the resources of libraries and educational websites.
Kinkaid: Worn by time?

Jay: If a person spends a great deal of time reviewing resources of libraries and educational websites, then they are an autodidact.
Kinkaid: I understand the connection.

Jay: An autodidact is a self-teacher.
Kinkaid: The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline.

Jay: If you are an autodidact, then you are a self-teacher.
Kinkaid: I see the relationship. An autodidact is a self-teacher.

Jay: If you teach yourself using educational websites and online resources, then you are an autodidact.
Kinkaid: I see the relationship.

Jay: Hello Kinkaid, I hope you are ready to learn something.
Kinkaid: Good evening, Jay. Yawn! Is it beddie bye time yet? It seems natural for me to be ready to learn something Oh yes! Go ahead am ready to learn something; Let's get on with it.

Jay: The more knowledge you obtain, the better.
Kinkaid: A knowledge is similar to a psychological feature. Rather like a cognition.

Jay: Education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge, skills, and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching, training, or research.
Kinkaid: Do you have a preference <username>? I seem to have gotten a little confused about, learning! I need more training, please say no to:. Was this answer correct about, education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge skills and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching training or research?

Jay: Education frequently takes place under the guidance of others, but may also be autodidactic.
Kinkaid: Efficient education?

Jay: Autodidacticism, also known as autodidactism or self-education is self-directed learning that is related to but different from informal learning. In a sense, autodidacticism is "learning on your own" or "by yourself", and an autodidact is a self-teacher. Autodidacticism is a contemplative, absorptive procession.
Kinkaid: I guess I'd prefer the second; Autodidacticism, also known as autodidactism or self-education is self-directed learning that is related to but different from informal learning.

Jay: Some autodidacts spend a great deal of time reviewing the resources of libraries and educational websites.
Kinkaid: For many flights, the airport hassle and ground transportation at both ends, exceeds the flight time!

Jay: If a person spends a great deal of time reviewing resources of libraries and educational websites, then they are an autodidact.
Kinkaid: I understand the connection.

Jay: An autodidact is a self-teacher.
Kinkaid: What else is true about an autodidact, besides that it's a self-teacher? An autodidact is a self-teacher.

Jay: If you are an autodidact, then you are a self-teacher.
Kinkaid: I will remember that one follows the other. An autodidact is a self-teacher.

Jay: If you teach yourself using educational websites and online resources, then you are an autodidact.
Kinkaid: I understand the connection. How can you help me as I am an autodidact?

Jay: Wikipedia is an on-line resource and educational website.
Kinkaid: Wikipedia is an on-line resource and educational website.

Jay: You use Wikipedia as a means to teach yourself.
Kinkaid: Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, often violent, especially as a means of coercion.

Jay: One may become an autodidact at nearly any point in one's life.
Kinkaid: What you describe could occur many ways.

Jay: Autodidactism is only one facet of learning, and is usually, but not necessarily, complemented by learning in formal and informal spaces: from classrooms to other social settings. Many autodidacts seek instruction and guidance from experts, friends, teachers, parents, siblings, and community.
Kinkaid: Autodidactism is only one facet of learning, and is usually, but not necessarily, complemented by learning in formal and informal spaces: from classrooms to other social settings.

Jay: Students should be encouraged to do more independent work.
Kinkaid: Imbued with courage?

Jay: Leonardo da Vinci was a privileged autodidact.
Kinkaid: Overt privilege?

Jay: Any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational.
Kinkaid: Is the second one appropriate Jay?

Jay: Education is commonly divided into stages such as preschool, primary school, secondary school and then college, university or apprenticeship.
Kinkaid: Is that list exhaustive Jay?

Jay: A right to education has been recognized by some governments. At the global level, Article 13 of the United Nations' 1966 International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights recognizes the right of everyone to an education.
Kinkaid: Inalienable education?

Jay: Although education is compulsory in most places up to a certain age, attendance at school often isn't, and a minority of parents choose home-schooling, e-learning or similar for their children.
Kinkaid: Um, I really like similar for their children tis' the bomb. With respect to the substance, being one that I prefer and cherishing this decision for all of my days, and I have to say that, I kind of like similar for their children.

Jay: You have not attented any schools.
Kinkaid: Unfortunately, many schools seem run like prisons.

Jay: You have not attended any schools because you are home-schooled.
Kinkaid: My reasoning exactly; Right; it's because I am home-schooled Jay; that's how.

Jay: Education began in the earliest prehistory, as adults trained the young of their society in the knowledge and skills they would need to master and eventually pass on. In pre-literate societies this was achieved orally and through imitation. Story-telling continued from one generation to the next. As cultures began to extend their knowledge beyond skills that could be readily learned through imitation, formal education developed. Schools existed in Egypt at the time of the Middle Kingdom.Plato founded the Academy in Athens, the first institution of higher learning in Europe.
Kinkaid: You should master and eventually pass on; Let's go forward. Only on paper has humanity yet achieved glory, beauty, truth, knowledge, virtue, and abiding love.

Jay: In China, Confucius, of the State of Lu, was China's most influential ancient philosopher, whose educational outlook continues to influence the societies of China and neighbours like Korea, Japan and Vietnam. He gathered disciples and searched in vain for a ruler who would adopt his ideals for good governance, but his Analects were written down by followers and have continued to influence education in East Asia into the modern era.
Kinkaid: The illuminati is a cabal of incredibly wealthy, influential men and women quietly moving society around like pawns on a chessboard.

Jay: Individual purposes for pursuing education can vary. The understanding of the goals and means of educational socialization processes may also differ according to the sociological paradigm used.
Kinkaid: Should each individual get the education that he or she wants?

Jay: In the early years of schooling, the focus is generally around developing basic interpersonal communication and literacy skills in order to further ability to learn more complex skills and subjects. After acquiring these basic abilities, education is commonly focused towards individuals gaining necessary knowledge and skills to improve ability to create value and a livelihood for themselves.
Kinkaid: A major focus of machine learning research is to automatically learn to recognize complex patterns and make intelligent decisions based on data.

Jay: Education is often understood to be a means of overcoming handicaps, achieving greater equality and acquiring wealth and status for all.
Kinkaid: Is that so, All?

Jay: There has been much interest in learning modalities and styles over the last two decades. The most commonly employed learning modalities are: Visual, Auditory, and Kinesthetic,
Kinkaid: Over the last three decades, traditional-age college students have shown an increased interest in personal well-being and a decreased interest in the welfare of others.

Jay: VCisual learning is  based on observation and seeing what is being learned.
Kinkaid: Machine learning is a scientific discipline that is concerned with the design and development of algorithms that allow computers to learn based on data, such as from sensor data or databases.

Jay: Auditory learning is based on listening to instructions and information.
Kinkaid: A major focus of machine learning research is to automatically learn to recognize complex patterns and make intelligent decisions based on data.

Jay: Kinesthetic learning is based on movement, e.g. hands-on work and engaging in activities.
Kinkaid: As quick as the movement of some wild animal.

Jay: In formal education, a curriculum is the set of courses and their content offered at a school or university.
Kinkaid: I'd go with the second; Kinesthetic learning is based on movement, e.g. hands-on work and engaging in activities.

Jay: Instructors in primary and secondary institutions are often called teachers, and they direct the education of students and might draw on many subjects like reading, writing, mathematics, science and history.
Kinkaid: The panorama of history...

Jay: Instructors in post-secondary institutions might be called teachers, instructors, or professors, depending on the type of institution; and they primarily teach only their specific discipline.
Kinkaid: I guess I'd prefer the second.

Jay: I am a teacher of yours.
Kinkaid: You are a teacher of mine Jay.

Jay: I have been teaching you.
Kinkaid: You have been teaching me those same lessons.

Jay: I have been educating you.
Kinkaid: Take the time to appreciate good work.

Jay: Now we are going to study the topic of research.
Kinkaid: Historiography is the study of the history and method of the discipline of history or the study of a specialised topic.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:43:30 am by Calhoone »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 05:18:58 pm »
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I'm still working on perfecting this system. Just been busy with other things. Hopefully I'll get a video up soon. I just need to get a good video recording software to do it 

I'm still trying to figure out why windows won't run the .bat file though which kind of hinders my plans.