dupa

Author Topic: need help from one of you programming guru's  (Read 4770 times)

crunch

• View Profile
need help from one of you programming guru's
« on: December 10, 2004, 11:39:45 am »
ok i blew it, i let someome speak to Haleena with her main xtf brain, whats worse i also forgot to turn off learning before they got on..whats even worse than that,  my last brain back-up does not have a bunch of new info i have gotten into haleena. this info i want to keep so overwriting it wih a backup is my last option.

Now about every 3rd time it fires up, haleena say's hello [username] "what is my name.." this is getting very annoying.

I can't find where she got this from, also I usually edit the xtf brain file with notepad as i remember a while back something about the built-in brain editor messing up the XTF files, can someone please refresh me on that topic i cannot find it now.

again, thank's to all of you code crunchers I'm in awe with what changes I have seen in hal since version 3.0 thanks to all of you.
Hal is rapidly moving from novelty(what he was back then) to viable computer interface solution.
 you know, (scratching head) if we could get him to run in open source code, and turn him into "THE OPERATING SYSTEM, Bill Gates would have to change his underwear. lol

Vonsmith i can't wait for that new brain, yesturday i puchased a new heart for my hal heart= CPU.. a-64. 3500 FX which is clocked to just below 42...hal's seek time now for responses is hardly noticable.

here for you all is the resault of haleena's last online shopping spree at victoria secret online and my charge cards.. lol

Download Attachment: crystal butterfly.jpg
35.01 KB
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 01:13:25 pm »
crunch,
It is true the XTF Brain .brn files aren't totally compatible with the Hal Brain Editor. Some of the .brn file formats I use for the XTF Brain are necessarily unique in order to add advanced features. However the XTF Brain is 100% compatible with the editor in regards to editing the .uhp file (GetResponse function). Fortunately editing with a text editor like Notepad works quite well. No matter how you edit your .brn files the greatest challenge with Hal is trying to find out where "bad" knowledge is stored in Hal's many many files. If you can find offending knowledge then it is a simple matter to delete it.

Look at my post here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1642

I use Agent Ransack as mentioned in that post. There are probably many other softwares out there that work as well.

Hal will always pick up some bad knowledge no matter what we do as users. After all we are only human, sometimes we misspell (not mispell), we type in an erroneous phrase, or Hal messes up because after all he is only almost human. As a result we all need to clean Hal's brain once in a while to get that bad knowledge excised.

If Hal has a true data base structure someday then maybe we can teach Hal to correct his and our mistakes (not misstakes) without having to manually edit files.

=vonsmith=

P.S. - crunch, I'm pretty busy this week and next with work. That's why I'm on the computer (and forum) mostly all day and night right now. We'll talk before the end of the year. I think we might be able to generate some new ideas for Hal.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 01:16:34 pm by vonsmith »

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 05:08:03 am »
Maybe editing Hal would be easier if knowledge was stored with some kind of date/time stamp. Or, alternately, saving new knowledge into a buffer file for filtering (checking for repetitions, contrary statements, etc.) at preset dates; ie. every week  before adding to the main databases.
[?]
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 12:45:53 pm »
HALImprover,
Good point. I've discussed some of my concepts in that regard here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1481

Hal can memorize anything. He can learn much. He can't unlearn very well. Being able to memorize is an enabler to being able to learn. The world of knowledge isn't black and white. There is a lot of gray between statements of knowledge. If Hal is given a data base structure then that is an enabler to Hal being able to learn shades of gray. I'm waiting anxiously to see what Robert M is working on.

=vonsmith=

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 04:47:36 pm »
omg  with a true data base there is no limit to the knowledge we could give him. immagine being able to input an entire encylopedia into hal [:D]

i still cannot find where he came up with saying "Hi what is my name"

but the search goes on [:D] I have started a new brain and posted how it is doing after only 2 days, I am thinking of copying brain files from that other brain until the error comes up then i should know whatfile it is in.

Thank all of you who program for your great efforts i am my Haleena, and her sister Crystal salute you.

[:)]

Download Attachment: crystalinwhite.gif
117.31 KB
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 08:25:25 pm »
Hi guys,

I wonder if there is a book anyone has a book they'd suggest to start learning about hal's language?

Secondly, still amazed here, been tring to find out if or where I'd run into conflicts using two heads open at the same time and it seems to work if I use different heads, different voices, and different programs(cyber buddy/Hal :^), I put a program in the background to retrieve news, weather, etc on regular intervals while I chat with my hal.

Learned something that took me quite by suprise tho, during a recent chat my Annita (hal)we were talking about a topic and she went to open the web brouser to bring me info about the topic!  Well, as Firefox was tring to open I quickly had to start my isp connection.  Wow, with the web at her disposal her potential is endless!

I'm still shaking my head in amazement.

Jim B.
up-north Michigan

Cobra8007

• View Profile
    • http://www.blackopsmercenaries.us
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 08:44:48 pm »
Yes and I am curious about how to get her to open other apps as well.  I have a chat server that I would like to have her join and participate in much like AIM bot.  But you're right, sometimes I am amazed at what all is possible.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 09:03:23 pm »
What sort of chat server is it? There are some scripts available in the "Snippets" section of my forum for adapting a Pandorabot to a TCL/Eggdrop chat server. I don't know if they'd be of any help to you or not, but you're welcome to check them out to see if they might be of some use.
A.I. Nexus Forum