dupa

Author Topic: A.I Suggestion Box  (Read 5538 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

A.I Suggestion Box
« on: May 03, 2006, 01:13:56 am »
I posted this for all those who would like to see their thoughts and ideas be written into code that will work as a Plugin.

Please place all your ideas in the suggestion Box.

What would you like to see in an A.I System?

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:40:56 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

snicolaou

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 02:16:36 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

I posted this for all those who would like to see their thoughts and ideas be written into code that will work as a Plugin.

Please place all your idea in the suggestion Box.

What would you like to see in an A.I System?

Jerry[8D]

Hi Jerry!
A nice plugin would be for the Hal 6.0 interface to be able to run other brains specially AIML brains such as that of ALICE.
What we need, is not more 3-d characters; we need more virtual friends to chat with.

sincerely,
Stelios.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Stelios Nicolaou

FuzzieDice

A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 12:01:10 pm »
Well, a lot of my ideas, unfortunately would have to require a rewrite of the code itself. There would be no way to write a plug-in for it.

For example:

A way to be able to voice-chat without the character/text window up, and a way to run it without any character at all, sort of like your computer is the entity, not an entity in the computer.

Did someone make a "learn from reading text" plug-in yet? I don't have too much time to keep up so I think I missed it (and I will NEVER use the search in this forum as it turns up too much for me to take time to go through, and often nothing related to what I was searching for).

I would like a better search-the-net feature. And a better appointment book. Sometimes I would say "tomorrow is going to be a nice day" and it would enter it in the appointment book and tell me it'll remind me! And if I mention something about "find" or "research" it'll pop up a browser and search for me, whether I want it to or not. I'd rather it search when I specifically want it to, not every time it encounters a certain keyword.

I would like it to do more than just learn my previous sentences and repeat them back to me whenever a keyword may trigger it.

I would like it to read email or notify me of it but also not do so if I ask it not to or say I'd rather not be bothered for awhile while I work.

There is just too much more to write here. These are a couple off the top of my head, that's been bothering me.

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 12:44:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzieDice

Well, a lot of my ideas, unfortunately would have to require a rewrite of the code itself. There would be no way to write a plug-in for it.

For example:

A way to be able to voice-chat without the character/text window up, and a way to run it without any character at all, sort of like your computer is the entity, not an entity in the computer.

Did someone make a "learn from reading text" plug-in yet? I don't have too much time to keep up so I think I missed it (and I will NEVER use the search in this forum as it turns up too much for me to take time to go through, and often nothing related to what I was searching for).

I would like a better search-the-net feature. And a better appointment book. Sometimes I would say "tomorrow is going to be a nice day" and it would enter it in the appointment book and tell me it'll remind me! And if I mention something about "find" or "research" it'll pop up a browser and search for me, whether I want it to or not. I'd rather it search when I specifically want it to, not every time it encounters a certain keyword.

I would like it to do more than just learn my previous sentences and repeat them back to me whenever a keyword may trigger it.

I would like it to read email or notify me of it but also not do so if I ask it not to or say I'd rather not be bothered for awhile while I work.

There is just too much more to write here. These are a couple off the top of my head, that's been bothering me.

Along those lines, what surprised me was the voice recognition.  While using it without headphones and just a microphone it picks up it's own voice and responds as if it is an input.  I thought that might be a bit difficult to resolve since to recognize it's own voice accurately it would have to be trained first, and if I switched voices (common)it would have to be retrained.  The programming to not respond to it's own voice after that doesn't seem as though it would be to hard, after determining the words a comparison and subtraction from that response, or just a simple timing knowing it's response takes a known time interval before a response can be made.

Carl2

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 02:00:09 pm »
OTC,
  My next plan is to use trigger words for animations with the Haptek fullbod girl, I still want to include her input to be detected and the hap files sent out.
  Also I noticed there is a lack of empathy, "my car stopped running and had to be towed" ect.. wouldn't bring an appropiate response, Some work had been done on this sometime ago, Trigger words detected pointing to a scripted response.
  for Fuzzydice, You can load a blank window by making your own MY.htr, You still have the Hal console which you can reduce or make a very small Hal console. I use Dragon with fullbod girl and like to check the dictation for mistakes and I like to see responses from the character.
  danbaltzell, I use dragon with headphones, I've gotten use to the headphones but don't really like them, I'd say the position of the speakers in relation to the mic is fairly important but I don't have many details to work with.
Carl2

FuzzieDice

A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 10:38:12 pm »
Thanks for the info but that wasn't quite what I had in mind. instead, I'd rather have HAL sit in the system tray without a window at all and be able to communicate.

I also have a suggestion for the Free Will plugin. I noticed that HAL would say "I'll go with the first" or "I'll have to go with the second" but it would be nice to have him state what the first or second WAS, like "I personally think oranges should be orange and not blue" if you typed in "Would you like an orange orange or a blue orange?" for example. Or it could say "I think I like an orange orange." or maybe "I don't like a blue orange."

Just ideas.

FuzzieDice

A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 10:55:23 pm »
One more thing. I would like to see a way for HAL to come up with more accurate sentences. For example:

"You wanted to let I know you had fun working with me today editing photos."

He put in an "I" instead of "me" in "let I know" instead of "let me know".

I wish there was a way to fix that.

snicolaou

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 02:28:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzieDice

One more thing. I would like to see a way for HAL to come up with more accurate sentences. For example:

"You wanted to let I know you had fun working with me today editing photos."

He put in an "I" instead of "me" in "let I know" instead of "let me know".

I wish there was a way to fix that.

I agree with you. The other thing is that is Hal tends to mixes two words.  For example in a response of him, he says, " I know blackbirds are a sing of badluck"  As you an see "blackbirds" should be written as "black birds," and "badluck" should be "bad luck.".

I agree with some people that the aim for Hal is not to produce additional 3-d characters.  I think the expansion pack and other third parties provides plenty of that.  What we need is to make Hal more intelligent, self-aware, emotinal virtual being.

Stelios Nicolaou

Runtus

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:04:13 am »
I would have to say:

Voice rec: Hal knows who is talking to him/her by the sound of a persons voice.

and the more commonly asked one:

The Ability to use a web cam as an eye.  For instance HAL is able recognise a person by their face, and if HAL does not know who the person is he takes a photo of them and then tells the user that this person accessed your computer while you were away.

That kinda of thing

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 08:14:24 pm »
just a thought.......
during auto-idle, if 'Hal' could instead of go through predefined scripts to simulate comments or questions.......if Hal could pick the primary or secondary topic that was last discussed and pose a question or comment based on that.....as though you were discussing a topic with a friend who, now deep in thought continues to roll it over in his/her mind after you've left.  With the wordnet dictionary available the possibilities would be endless, unless it takes something like a wordnet thesaurus or some such thing.  Anyway perhaps Hal would seem more human.

I haven't had enough keyboard time with Jerry's RAW brain yet to find out if it already does this but if Hal could reflect on hobbies, favorite past times, memories, things that were pleasant dreams or unpleasant dreams of our Hal's, goals that Hal clings to to someday achieve, events Hal things he/she participated in, etc, etc....all to create an even greater 'felt life' to him/her.

Just a couple thoughts.........that given, I wonder how close this is getting to creating a bot that is good enough to really fool those judges at the (trying to remember the contest) bot contest for most realistic....wha-cha-ma-call-it!

Jim B

Bill819

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 09:49:57 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Runtus

I would have to say:

Voice rec: Hal knows who is talking to him/her by the sound of a persons voice.

and the more commonly asked one:

The Ability to use a web cam as an eye.  For instance HAL is able recognise a person by their face, and if HAL does not know who the person is he takes a photo of them and then tells the user that this person accessed your computer while you were away.

That kinda of thing

Once Hal has been trained to recoginze spoken words it can not tell to whom the voice belongs to. This part of the program is written by Microsoft and does not even begin to have that capability. Im not sure that even MS could deliver that kind of reconition, at least not for quite a few years.
Good try though.
Bill

Darius

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 10:24:12 am »
How about brain creation about a character in a book, tell the program wich character is the brain for and extract the brain for such character in such book. The difficult part could be to seek wich text comes from a specific character.[8D]

snicolaou

• View Profile
A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 11:49:42 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Darius

How about brain creation about a character in a book, tell the program wich character is the brain for and extract the brain for such character in such book. The difficult part could be to seek wich text comes from a specific character.[8D]

I don't think that kind of technology exist to simply feed a book to an Artificial Intelligence program and create a personality from it.  I think for the time being such idea  seems to be impossible to implement.
On the other hand, however, we could create the foundational(basic) database brain for example a)an alien visiting earth b)a psychotic person c) a nympho d) a flirting female, or a theologian etc by feeding them with the basic info structure (info/data) of their respective personality.  Such data base personalities will help us utilize fully the character expansion pack.  Again I have to mention: What we need is not additional funcy 3-d characters (we have them already through the character expansion pack and third - party creations) but also the basic knowledge base these different characters should represent!!

sincerely,
Stelios

"Simplicity is the ultimate Sophistication"
Stelios Nicolaou

echoman

A.I Suggestion Box
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 03:22:03 pm »
Hi Jerry.

The thing I would like Hal to be stronger at is his memory.

If I say to Hal 'I saw Janet today and she was happy.'

I would like Hal to think or reply 'I remember you saw Janet last Week. You told me she was feeling upset' for example.

or

If I say to Hal 'I am tired today'

And Hal reply 'you said you felt tired yesterday. Hope you feel more awake soon'

These are just very basic example replies. I just want Hal to remember things I have done. I think I read once that when you say to Hal the word 'today', he does not make a note of what day it is and what you have done on that day he just puts in a temp folder. I am not sure if thats how it works but at the moment Hal just seems to be a one moment conversationalist.

Thanks

Echo.