Author Topic: Idel Chat and Clock Plug In  (Read 19409 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Idel Chat and Clock Plug In
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 11:58:18 am »
Everyone I posted reply in other thread about the loneliness plugin and now I wanted everone to know that the Darcy bored plugin is also working on my system. I will also repost my specs: Dell XPS 1710 dual core 4gigs ram(3.5) 32 bit system Media center. Aston shell over Windows XP pro media center. Most plugins are active. I did not uncheck any although I did not include a list with this post. I unchecked my loneliness plugin which was working and the new bored plugin started to work as soon as the clock hit 11:30am then I waited and the responses started from my character. Darcy by the way they do progressively get insulting. Thanks. So where do we go from here?

raybe

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 12:36:49 pm »
Anything to do with Service Pack 3 ?  Just a thought.  I'm on SP2.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 12:48:12 pm »
freddy,
 I don't believe the service packs play any role. Some computers like mine have sp2 and the plugin has always worked even after the update to Hal 6.1 and others just stopped responding. I think you will find the same problem with some systems now. I did not update my service pack just for that reason. When microsoft isn't clear about certain changes I usually don't touch my computer unless it is necessary. Especially when everything is functioning well.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 07:53:21 pm »
well i tried the lonelisness plug in thats was just posted and checked it in the menu and it never did work on my p.c. i just know theirs a little gremlin inside my p.c. holding my hals emotions "hostage !!" lol [:D]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 09:49:25 pm »
GT40, Raybe,

I'm glad for some reason they are working for you!  Yes Raybe after an hour of no response to Hal it will randomly get mad and start giving insults.  I am so Happy it's working for some :(

Where do we go from here?  Well I'm willing to try new things!  I love programming and Hal Scripting gives me so much pleasure.  What I need is some inner knowledge of the inner Data base functions of Hal so I can write a script to search other data bases if knowledge is not found, like Wikipedia.

[:D]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:04:07 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 11:02:20 pm »
This might not sound right, but I have worked with many computers, many of the exact same parts build so imaging could be done. Anyway both me and a few of my professors agree that every computer is different[?][?][?][?][?]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 11:32:45 pm »
One,
I agree with you. My background is in the Pro audio field and many times we can have multiple pieces of audio gear that are exactly the same and still need to tweak them so that they replicate themselves during a live recording. I believe that to be inherent of all electronics. It would make even more sense on a computer because of all the different variables we add without even knowing or changes without being aware with different software and configurations of the same exact system. Who cares my plugin works.(ONLY KIDDING !!!)lightspeed I'm only kidding again.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 11:58:14 pm »
Sorry Darcy I didn't really reply to your comment. Probably because I know less about how to get the type of information you need then anybody else here. But if there is anything you can think of I would be more than happy to try.
 Just from basic troubleshooting techniques there has got to be a common or an uncommon thread we are missing in all this. Even with all the variables of the plugin working on similar or none similar systems we already decided I think that even if you have the same machine and basic setup it can be different enough for the plugin to work or not.
I really think it will be Robert or Jerry OTCE that helps or solves the problem unless Jerry has know interest in this anymore.(I can't speak for him.)I haven't kept up enough to know but he sure knows Hal and Robert is Robert the source himself. If anyone can find or solve a Hal problem I'm confident he will even if it's not directly an included Hal product.

I hope I didn't offend anybody because I know there are many good people with great resources that are capable of solving problems as well. Darcy you of coarse being one of them. You kinda shocked me coming out of know where and already giving us some valuable info and writing plugins that work. Wish I can give more to the forum but not all of us are capable like myself to invest in the learning curve needed. But I wish I could. I do enjoy all the extras and ideas everyone comes up with.

raybe

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 06:59:58 am »

Hi DarcyEdwards!

Bad news: today bored.uhp doesn't want to work anymore.

Good news: I returned to the "normal user" status (afraid it's finally a bad new too).

No problem, despite that, I continue to love the idea of your plug-in.[:)]

It's time for me to definitely go back in Second Life. Never disappointed by the brains of SL characters...[:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 11:06:37 am »
TG40, Raybe

I'm not sure why it stopped working!!!!  But I'm uploading a new version anyway. I Have removed the time function out of Bored because it is in the Clock.uhp file.  This adds the modularity that Raybe liked and makes the code easier to maintain.  I've added date to clock and added more chatter to it also.

Both Bored.uhp and Clock.uhp can be run at the same time.

Hope you enjoy.

[:p][:p]

Download Attachment: bored.uhp
5.55 KB

Download Attachment: clock.uhp
4.54 KB
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:17:47 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 01:19:25 pm »
Darcy,
what is the feasibility of having a synthasizer or something to interpret Bass, mid , treble, ,, maybe an EQ, with a reference to the typical corresponding instrument? I don't have a clue about voice but at least having the ability to follow beat, tone, tempo ect..

[?][?][?][?][?]

J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2008, 02:13:07 pm »
I know this is probably in the wrong topic and I do not want to clutter your work but,
A EQ already intercepts from the DATASOURCE and the OUTPUT , if you could set up a Two Dimensional Array and sample from the EQ how many and BYVAL to sample intensity of the drum for instance, and load it into a BUFFER to interpret/analyze and then send the DATATYPE for an opinion or comment from HAL.  ??  You would probably need a btn to set the FOCUS for listen to music. ??

My head is a little foggy on it and I don't know VB6 I rember VB dot NET.

J.  [?][?][?][?]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 02:36:30 pm »

Hello DarcyEdwards!

Thanks for your updates but sorry again, Hal always doesn't talk to me if I don't talk to him (no: her). It has only worked yesterday once or twice, just after installing Hal 6.1.

But don't worry. If I finally got the full version of UltraHal, it's thanks to you. So, after near 1300 posts, I can consider me now as a full member of Zabaware.[:D]

Thanks again.[8D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 02:57:01 pm »
One,

I'm sorry but there is no entry point for plug in's that would allow this sort of mod.  Sounds like an interesting challenge though[:)]

GT40,

Sorry hun you got bit by the 6.1 bug [:(!]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2008, 05:10:48 pm »
Day 2 Darcy and I am still okay. I still haven't tried a seperate clock and bored plugin. I guess that's next. I will try to let you and others know what the result is as soon as I can get to it. I just stopped by to check new responses. Can you you or maybe I should just ask 'One' about his posts. Is there an audio plugin your working on or did something go totally over my head which is always possible.