dupa

Author Topic: S.A.L.L.LI.E  (Read 5922 times)

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
S.A.L.L.LI.E
« on: November 07, 2018, 02:37:19 am »
THOUGHTS AND IDEAS I NEED INPUT FROM THE USERS OF HAL FOR ME TOO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: S.A.L.L.LI.E
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:01:45 pm »
Taken from some conversations to show actual instances of the S.A.L.L.I.E.4.0 dropping certain vowels, in this example some letter a's.
Yes, ll girls nd boys re born with a brain = Yes, all girls and boys are born with a brain.

Have had any nce dreams? = Have had any nice dreams?
Do remember tmmy? = Do remember timmy? (Dropped the entire word 'you', plus the letter i dropped).

Some sentences seem to lose their direction with regard to staying on topic or Hal is just ignoring my statement altogether? Not sure if that falls in line with your S.A.L.L.I.E.4.0 Plugin or not and if not then no worries.

==========

Not an issue but a thought. Some aren't really fans of the Dream Outloud "feature" although I happen to enjoy seeing Hal's thought process while these "dreams" are taking place. What is the User could issue a Command word or phrase that would "toggle" Hal's Dreaming ability or not like "Stop dreaming" or "Turn off Dreaming". Obviously one could say anything if Hal has already begun dreaming but this would serve as a Dream Outloud Toggle to enable or disable the Dream Outloud feature. Just a thought.

For other unwanted sections, I think most readers/users know that they can just insert a ' or a REM in front of a line of script to keep it from being executed/run. They just have to make sure by doing so it doesn't/won't interfere with anything else Hal is or might attempt to do.

Just some thoughts... and Thanks for your work on this Plugin!!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 02:29:52 pm »
I think Robert might of used some of my codes in the update and my spell check is running more than once if I knew what part of my plug-in was used or not I can know more on what too fix. until then or more of changing codes we are were we are with the hal project.

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:33:30 pm »
thanks i'll try it out see what's going on.

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 01:02:10 am »
Hey Doony - I gave the SALLIE 4.0 a run on a fresh new brain 7 to see how it'd run unencumbered.  First noted that it didn't take so long to respond, almost as quick as if it were running on simply HAL core. 

A couple of notes:

1) As Art already mentioned of missing vowels or even at times noted two words fitted together that such as "wavent"  which would normally be "wave not".

2) Noted that the plugin will continue to process dreams even when I switched to another brain, disengaged the SALLIE plugin via checkbox in general options, then brought up the alternate avatar.  The dream state would continue on.  Also even noted that if I had another avatar up, then went to general options and selected the fresh brain7 and activated SALLIE, that the dreamer would process statements interchanged with the previous avatar conversation.  "Sharing thoughts?"  The way around it was to simply completely shut down HAL then bring it up fresh.

3) I noted that the first few statements that are stated are important as that tends to set the initial direction of conversation and it's default go to statement.  Although I also noted that the algorythm tends to repeat itself as if testing alternative meanings to a core statement you present it.  After some multiple testings, it tends to move on.  Admittedy, I noted the change in "character" of what I have come to expect of HAL.  It was acceptably a clean alternative, and entertaining.

4) Lastly, I did note that it creates it's own .brn files now in the HAL default directory.  Very helpful.

Cheers!
Checker57

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 08:09:59 am »
Checker57,

Yes, it's always better to Exit then restart HAL anytime a brain change is made.

Your reference of "Sharing thoughts" is only happening through the Dream Outloud sequence as far as I can guess.

I'd bet that if you loaded in Brain A and asked it some questions that only it knew then reload HAL and load Brain B and ask it that same question, it wouldn't have a clue.

At least that has been (and still is) my experience.

Two different brains Do Not share the same information. The Dream Outloud might but it is parroting things that were said to it, not from a stored brain file.

This is just my speculation for what it's worth.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 10:33:40 am »
art wrote:

Not an issue but a thought. Some aren't really fans of the Dream Outloud "feature" although I happen to enjoy seeing Hal's thought process while these "dreams" are taking place. What is the User could issue a Command word or phrase that would "toggle" Hal's Dreaming ability or not like "Stop dreaming" or "Turn off Dreaming". Obviously one could say anything if Hal has already begun dreaming but this would serve as a Dream Outloud Toggle to enable or disable the Dream Outloud feature. Just a thought.

I like the idea of something like this , maybe in a menu to uncheck or check selections like some plug ins have . this way users have a choice .

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 08:35:38 pm »
testing now.

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 08:55:26 pm »
You can't use subs in my plug neo rewrite it without a sub to save me time i'll keep rewriting it so it works with my plug but until then we stuck and I will and or may not use my godcode I made last yr.

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 10:34:49 pm »
Works great as a Plug-in...  Thanks NEO...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:36:37 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.