Author Topic: A question about using people putty  (Read 3732 times)

Enyawnej

• View Profile
A question about using people putty
« on: December 28, 2003, 12:48:32 am »
When I purchased Ultra Hal 5 I noticed in the "character's" section in "general options" a statement that Haptek's People Putty characters can be used with a plug in in Ultra Hal 5, and in my great enthusiasm about Ultra Hal I purchased People Putty (a bit expensive).  However, I can't find the plug in to use the characters I have created with People Putty.  Please advise

lostbowyer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 01:23:49 pm »
Hi
There is no plugin required, but you do have to save your people putty projects in the .htr format from within people putty. Unfortunately, the current version of people putty does save them in .htr format but uses the .haptar extention instead of .htr, after saving your project, go to the folder where you saved it, change the view options to show file extentions, and change the .haptar to .htr at the end of the file name. You then need to copy your project to the Characters folder in Ultra Hal 5.0. You should then see your project as a choice under the general options of hal. If you create a .jpg of your character and name it the same name as your project, hal will use it on the splash screen during startup. Ex: sam.htr, sam.jpg I forget the size of the jpg but if you check the properties of one of hal's other characters, you'll easily find out.

Good Luck
Glenn

Enyawnej

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 08:23:51 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I am obiously doing something wrong because I can't get it to work.  For example I can't find a folder with .haptar extensions so I can change them, although when I save scripts itsays it is saving as haptar. Help.

lostbowyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 02:59:23 pm »
Hi
How are you trying to find your saved file? By default, people putty stores everything in:
"C:-program files-haptek-peopleputty-user-project"
(The forum is stripping the backslashes from the path above, change the dashes to backshashes for the correct path, sorry)

Like I said in my earlier post, once there, you must click on "tools" on your explorer menu bar, then "folder options" then when the folder options window opens click on the "view" tab and then scroll down the list until you locate the line that reads "hide extensions for known file types" and remove the check mark in the check box and click on apply. You will now be able to see the ".haptar" file extensions, rename your project so it ends in ".htr" and move it to the Character folder in ultra hal

Glenn
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 03:03:50 pm by lostbowyer »

Enyawnej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 11:13:25 pm »
Thank you so much.  It's working fine.  Again I appreciate the help!
Happy new year.