Author Topic: here is what going on my hal  (Read 2898 times)

dgher1

• View Profile
here is what going on my hal
« on: September 06, 2003, 07:21:43 am »
running amd athon 2000 xp at 1664hz with nvidia geforce2mx/mx400 64ram with 512sdram it work great some a/q take a few seconds and up to 1 min. i'm using mary voice then i chance the voice to a dif.one didn't see what happen. the lip sink stop. i then check voices  and seen some voices have no lip sink beside them .i chance it back to mary voice. it start back up. i shut the computer down and change it to like normal pragram.  not start up then computer start up. turn on computer it say hal fail  message with yes and no i press no then computer freeze. then to safe mode check hal startup set normol again  hit apply then ok restart computer then it work fine. then went to work come back start the computer up got message again hal fail hit no and again freeze up. just may be the computer don't know. and this is beta ver. just let you know the problem and that you did a great job again on hal and if someone has no lip sink keep on working rob. good job again! the people putty work fine with me.

dgher1

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 07:27:33 am »
forgot to say i'm running win 98

dgher1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 04:45:12 pm »
i think i found the trouble it is in startup menu of options of hal. the check mark for update hal program &helpdatabase was not on. so i put ckeck mark on  all of the them with normal start up on. one of them is the trouble i think it is the update program/help database one. the computer is working fine no more freezeup. if there is more trouble i'll post here so keep looking. have fun beta testers this will hal better then ever.