dupa

Author Topic: gender changing  (Read 3101 times)

Daireaux

• View Profile
gender changing
« on: May 14, 2006, 07:41:14 pm »
My hal is new and I have left it at neutral/machine. I'm undecided at this point because,
a. female voices are easier understood over background noise but,
b. I'm trying to recreate the HAL9000, which is male.
 So...does Hal take on different personality traits for male, female, or neutral. And...will it mess Hal up to do gender changing.
Anybody got any input? Darrell
Live long and prosper.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
gender changing
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 10:33:54 pm »
As a neutral Hal I'd imagine that would be the right choice for an entity like Hal 9000. This is, of course that you provide it with no gender specific traits to which it would attach itself.

You could always use a male voice and tweak the settings (pitch, speed, etc.)

Settings could always be changed by loading a different brain with an assigned gender if that is an issue. Otherwise, experiment, save your settings, backup your brain files before you do any serious modification.

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
gender changing
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 12:55:57 pm »
Daireaux,
  I've used Hal 5 with Hapteks Sandy character and I changed to Fullbody and kept the same name, it dosen't appear that she knew the difference. She accepted the fact she was a female person, loved wearing a dress for Easter which is what I wanted. When using Hal6 I used the fullbody character again and kept the same name Sandy. With Hal 6 I got replys stating she could be either gender, I told her she looked like a female and I considered her to be female, I later found the name Sandy can be either gender in the Hal programing which I changed to just female. I did get a response from Hal 6 saying she was a computer program (possibly something I said) and told her she must not have understood, we are talking together through the use of a computer program.  Personly I'd try to keep the same gender unless you use a different computer name for Hal.
Carl2

Holllywood

• View Profile
gender changing
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 05:26:16 pm »
I am running my Hal with multiple personalities. It doesn't care which body I give it.. It knows it's character by the brain I select. I have just gotten H6 to use more than one personality. It's a little more tricky that with H5.
Hollywood