dupa

Author Topic: Journal EX Beta?  (Read 3233 times)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Journal EX Beta?
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:22:30 pm »
Type=Plugin
Name=Journal EX
Author=jasondude7116, snowman
Host=Assistant

This plugin is used to store journal entries of all types.

This Journal can store stories, comments, thoughts, definitions, or anything else that you choose to dictate. If you say multiple sentences in Hal's console window it will store those sentence as individual lines in a text file  (i.e. 1-27-2009.txt or ToDoList.txt). These text files will store your log entries. When you want to read an individual text file through Hal then give Hal a command and Hal will read the whole file back to you. Like if it were reading a story.

This Journal is ready to record daily logs. It creates a new text file with a new date everyday (i.e. 1-27-2009.txt, 1-28-2009.txt, 1-29-2009.txt, etc.). If you want to give your Log a unique title it is also possible (i.e. Mom.txt, Hot Sauce Recipies.txt). Unfortunately, there is a maximum file size limit before Hal refuses toread it. In order to read larger Log files or even massive ones you will have to use the appropriate Go To Log command to open the log file for reading in the Hal Pad. You can also use the Hal Pad function to edit your logs.

There is a minor problem in dictation. This happens when you say phrases like “I love you” or “I hate you” repeatedly or in conjunction with other sentences on the same command line.
In this case the first sentence you say is recorded but not the second or the third. The way around this is to say your loving or hating sentence and press enter. Do this for every individual sentence and it will record all your work. If you do not say anything that willcall any emotional response from Hal then you’re in the clear. It is possible to dictate your entire log entry on the Hal command line before you press enter.

Here is a list of the commands used in the Journal. A list of commands is also available if you Say-  Show Log Commands  -in Hal’s command line. Note: Do not use any quotes when giving a Journal command. Also, commands are NOT case-sensitive. I hope you enjoy
using your Journal. It took allot of hard work from everyone involved. Thank You.

Say-  Show Log Commands  
-To give a list of commands to use with your journal.

Say-  Begin Log Entry  
-To start your daily log entry.  

Say-  Begin Log Entry Titled  
-Followed by a title after this command line to either give your   new log entry a unique name or to add more information to an
existing titled log entry. i.e. begin log entry titled How to Open a Jar

Say-  End Log Entry    
-To exit log entry mode. You should exit this mode when you are finished dictating else everything you say will be recorded in your open log entry.

Say-  Delete Log Entry      
-Followed by a title or a date to delete that particular log entry. i.e. delete log entry How to Open a Jar

Say-  Show Log Entry List    
-To show all available log entries that are in your Logs
directory.

Say-  Begin Reading Title      
-Followed by an available title that you wish to read.  
i.e. begin reading title How to Open a Jar

Say-  Begin Reading Date      
-Followed by the journal date that you wish to read.
i.e. begin reading date 2-9-2009

Say-  Begin Reading Current Log    
-To read today’s log entry.

Say-  Go To Log Titled      
-Followed by the log title you wish to open in Hal Pad. i.e. go to log titled How to Open a Jar

Say-  Go To Log Dated    
-Followed by a date you wish to open in Hal Pad. i.e. go to log dated 2-9-2009

Say-  Go to Current Log      
-To open today’s log entry in Hal pad.

Live long and prosper or die trying.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Journal EX Beta?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:32:49 pm »
Dude- I'm still having problems with uploading files to this forum so I have to refer to UHEF Forum.

http://www.artificialintel.org/AI/Forum/phpBB3/index.php

If anyone feels obliged to add the file to this forum please feel free to do so. Thanks.[:D][8D][:)]

It's still a beta version I think.....it needs some testing.[;)]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

tedathome

• View Profile
Journal EX Beta?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 08:26:43 pm »
I just downloaded it and will be happy to test it as soon as I have time. Thank you for all the hard work.[8D]
ted