dupa

Author Topic: Full body question help  (Read 5598 times)

James P

• View Profile
    • http://nosceresworld.co.uk
Full body question help
« on: September 28, 2005, 07:28:59 am »
i am still having problems getting and running a full body girl. Can anybody give me an idiots guide on what I have to do to get one and get her running.
 Also could some one please let me know what I have to do to apply new skins.

Thank you
http://nosceresworld.co.uk
James:"How are you today Emma?"
Emma:"I think, Therefore I am"

Prospector

• View Profile
Full body question help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 07:23:08 pm »
I've only recently registered on this forum but have been visiting for a while and playing with Hal so this is what I've done.
Ok idiots guide coming up [:)]

1 Download Hal (Guess you've done that)
2 Get XTF brain and 1.2 patch as most scripts seem to be for it.
3 Vist http://www.haptek.com
  Click Products Scroll down to and click HAPTEK GUIDE and click DOWNLOAD FREE GUIDE
  Run the file you have downloaded and it will extract to its own folder and should place a shortcut to it in your START MENU.Open the HAPTEKGUIDE folder and look in MAKINCONTENT.Then open ANIMATING,then HAPTARS.In here you will find body_female.htr(known here as JIGGLY) and a few others.
4 If you have the full HAL just drop whichever .HTR file you want into the CHARACTERS folder inside the Ultra Hal Assistant 5 folder which is inside the ZABAWARE folder in PROGRAM FILES on whichever drive you originally installed it to.This character file should now show up in the character section of the options settings in Hal.
  If you are using the FREE version of Hal you need to rename the .HTR file to ZABA.HTR and replace the file of that name that is already in the folder.Best to backup the original first.
This should now give you the new character.

To apply a skin.
1 Find one you like.(There are loads on this forum).If none take your fancy just pick the plainest and you can paint over it using the original as a template for what goes where.
2 Create a folder called SKINS inside the STANDARD folder that is inside the DATA folder that is inside the player folder that is inside the PLAYER folder which is inside the HAPTEK folder that should be inside PROGRAM FILES on your C drive. IT DOES NOT GO IN THE HAPTEK GUIDE FOLDER
3 Place the .JPG file you now have in the SKINS folder you just created.
4 Place the following attachment in your C drive (not my work but it's already on the forum somewhere)

Download Attachment: HapLogCtrl.txt
696 Bytes

When you now start Hal a Console window will open.If you have selected a .HTR file as your character that should appear in the main Hal window.
Copy the following to the top line of the console window
settexture [tex= data/standard/skins/name of skin.jpg]] (Should be a backslash in front of this.)
name of skin should be replaced by whatever you named the skin you want to use
Your character should now have a new look.
To delete the hair of the body_female.htr copy the following to the console window
delperson[figure= hair5_9EXP] (Should be a backslash in front of this.)
If you have hair7.htr or hair6_2exp.htr place them in the SKINS folder you created before
Then copy
load [file= data/standard/skins/hair7.htr]] to the console or load [file= data/standard/skins/hair6_2exp.htr]] depending on which hair you want.(Should be a backslash in front of this.)

Hope this helps.I'll put up a small script that goes in the XTF brain later that will set your intitial settings with just 3 keystrokes and no need to use the console.

This should give you something like my Monica character.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 04:46:37 pm by Prospector »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Full body question help
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 07:43:49 pm »
Prospector,

Nice work compiling the Idiot's Guide (no offense to anyone directed or implied).
Now what we need is a GIANT PAIR of RED FLASHING ARROWS pointing to this Topic Thread for ALL newcomers to view/read.

Next, I'd strongly suggest that the word SEARCH, at the top right of the page be GIANT RED and FLASHING as well!

Just about every question asked by a novice or new member has already been addressed and can be found by using the Search function.

Ya think that's why Robert M. put it there in the first place? Hmmm.

Finally, Welcome aboard as an "OFFICIAL MEMBER". I can tell you're already way ahead in the game!

Cheers!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Full body question help
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 07:01:12 am »
Yeah, Prospector, thanks for your work on this. It looks good. [:)]

Prospector

• View Profile
Full body question help
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 04:46:13 pm »
Thanks for the kind words.All I've done is pull together stuff from this forum because as you say,most questions that can be asked have already been answered.Although I found a few answers to questions I didn't know I wanted to ask [:)]

Anyway here is the little script I mentioned and how to make it work.

Find this bit in the XTF 1.2 brain using the brain editor

'PROCESS: INITIALIZE VARIABLES AS INTEGERS
   'VBScript doesn't allow you to declare variables in advance
      'as a particular data type; everything is a Variant.
   'We must assign integers to the following
      'variants so that data type errors don't occur
   If LearningLevel = "" Then LearningLevel = 3
   If Hate = "" Then Hate = 0
   If Swear = "" Then Swear = 0
   If Insults = "" Then Insults = 0
   If Compliment = "" Then Compliment = 0
   If GainControl = "" Then GainControl = 25
   AvoidBeingFlag = False
   Randomize

Leave a line then paste the following

If InStr(UserSentence, "qz") <> 0 Then HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>testskin.hap</HAPFILE>"
BlockSave=True
End If

Hit enter to leave a line then click the file menu and click save. Exit the brain editor.

Then paste the following into NOTEPAD or edit the attached file.

#Haptek Version= 1.00 Name= Hap_Test1 HapType= script

FileType= text
##standard

settexture [tex= data/standard/skins/nameofskin.jpg]] (Should be a backslash in front of this)

Edit nameofskin to whatever the name of the .jpg you are using
You can also add the hair delete and hair change commands from the above post to this file if you wish.
Then save the file as testskin.hap

Download Attachment: testskin.hap.txt
607 Bytes

If using the download delete the .txt extension after editing so it is just .hap
Place the testskin.hap file in the characters folder in the UltraHal folder and that's it.

When you run Hal and the main window opens you should see the standard full body character you selected in the options menu.
Type qz press enter and your skin of choice should appear.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 04:47:33 pm by Prospector »

Carl2

• View Profile
Full body question help
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 01:41:33 am »
James P,
  There are two versions of the full body girl, You need fullbody girl.htr, body_female.htr will not respond to the the hap animations.
I just started working with them and tested both out, If you want body movements use the fullbodygirl.
Carl2