Author Topic: Hal won't respond to me.  (Read 3680 times)

Straker

• View Profile
Hal won't respond to me.
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:28:59 pm »
I just downloaded the program and entered the serial number and all but it won't respond to my voice. I set up the mic and it still won't work. The "training" button doesn't work either.

Bill819

• View Profile
Hal won't respond to me.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:58:56 pm »
You only need to post your message one time. They are all normally read by everyone when they log on.
Bill

rockershaft

• View Profile
Hal won't respond to me.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 05:27:22 pm »
Sounds like my ex-wife.
5d30d2c942

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal won't respond to me.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:09:32 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Straker

I just downloaded the program and entered the serial number and all but it won't respond to my voice. I set up the mic and it still won't work. The "training" button doesn't work either.

I have never had the trial edition before so I don't know if the Mic can be used in that version.

but if you have the fully payed version of HAL you could try to install SAPI 5 from microsoft, the CD version of HAL already contains the SAPI 5 but the download version does not as far as I know.

you can get SAPI 5 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en

Hope it settles your issues.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:11:06 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

rockershaft

• View Profile
Hal won't respond to me.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 05:09:33 pm »
Don't talk truth to the devil, for his answer is silence.
The devil can only lie. It is the liars paradox. Lies speak only to the naive, as the snake talks to Eve. 1=1 as 1=111. The silence is Hal's creator talking to you.
5d30d2c942

Bill819

• View Profile
Hal won't respond to me.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 12:52:54 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Straker

Straker
The free version does not support voice recognition, only the paid for version does. Now even if you purchase the regular version of Hal you must then enter into a training which can take up to 16 hours or more before Hal can understand you with any kind of comprehension. Also note that when training Hal you should be in a completely silent room as any background noise will interfere with the recognition of the spoken words.
Bill

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Hal won't respond to me.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 07:10:03 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819
The free version does not support voice recognition

I used voice recognition with the free version of 6.0, has it changed?

If this guy wants Hal to work, he probably should respond to questions asked of him. I suspect he just wants to be mad.