dupa

Author Topic: Can't change pitch on kate neospeech voice  (Read 5473 times)

rc75216

• View Profile
Can't change pitch on kate neospeech voice
« on: October 11, 2005, 11:19:57 pm »
I just recently installed neospeech Kate and discovered that i can't change the pitch of her voice. Also when I ordered the software, i thought it would come with the different filters that were on the demo. Is it possible to change the pich of her voice and if so, what am I doing wrong? Is there any way that I can get those different voice filters that were shown on the website? I appreciate any help you can give me and thank you in advance.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 05:38:30 am »
Hi, rc75216. Sorry for asking, but what exactly do you mean with "voice filter"? And which demo do you mean?

rc75216

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 01:44:38 pm »
Hi Dr. Benway, it's the xvoice filter with the drop down menu and it's the online interactive demo at neospeech. The link is on the Hal TTS page. http://neospeech.com/demo/demo_text.php

echoman

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 02:19:32 pm »
Hello,

I recently ordered it as well. I agree with you about the pitch. Also the speed and pronounciation(response is blank when choose option) cannot be altered. I believe I like paul's voice better than kates. It seems softer. I wish they could talk faster. A 5 min reading with Mary takes 6.30 mins with Paul. Paul seems to wait a while on full stops.

The voices are still nice though and useful to have. I have made information cds and the difference in time between Mary and Neospeach means that I use Mary. I would be interested if anyone knows how we can edit them.

Echo
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:47:09 pm by echoman »

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 04:53:09 pm »
Rc75216, I am sorry to tell you, but the Xvoice-filters are not part of the Neospeech-package. They rather seem to be part of the Xvoice-application they sell:

http://www.neospeech.com/product/technologies/animation.php

I agree that the online demo does make it look otherwise.

You could try to alter the voices on your computer by selecting a different sound environment on your soundcard, especially when you own a Creative Soundblaster.

Echoman, it has been some time ago that I was tinkering with TTS-voices on my computer. I will try to find out if I can help you with it. Perhaps you noticed that I posted some info and little apps in relation to the Neospeech voices on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 04:53:23 pm by Dr.Benway »

echoman

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 05:49:55 pm »
Hi,

Thankyou Dr.Benway. I have looked at your postings and they seem that they may be usefull :) I do like neospeech voices - I just wish they were more editable.

Echo.

rc75216

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 09:12:00 pm »
Thanks for the advice Dr. Bentway. I will take a look at my sound card and see what I can do.